1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Macro "Trading"

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Fink, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Fink

Fink Guest

Often it's difficult to explain to someone in-game how to create or use a macro, especially if they're new to the game as well as the SA client.

I thought it might be handy to be able to trade macros in the trade window like an item. They would drop into a special slot rather than the main pack, from which they could be dragged to a hotbar or perhaps the macro list.

If you encounter a newbie, you could give them some basic templates or specific macros to make life a little easier.

Any thoughts?

2. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Helpful idea, but unfortunately it could lead to some nasty exploits.

3. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah my thoughts as well. How many people do the "Oh you want to tame that Greater the Easy way? Run up to it and hit the Alt+F4 key combination"

I like Fink's idea but I am not sure any MMORPG is .... ready for that. :(

On the other hand, perhaps a forum here or a down load section, perhaps policed by some of the experts here would be a good way to achieve the spirit of Finks suggestions.

Perhaps the procedure could be to submit the macro/command to the "Gildar Squad" and if they approve it, then it could be added to the download list with a small short Description.