1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Macro/UI copy request regarding Character Copy and Shard Transfers

Discussion in 'UHall' started by G.v.P, Aug 6, 2013.

1. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

When you copy a char to TC or transfer, you have to manually copy macro/desktop/skills etc files to the new shard/character. I am wondering, if a dev might read this--and to see if there is interest--if there might not be a way for the UO.exe to do this for us upon a Character Copy or Shard Transfer. Would be so amazing :heart:.

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I am not sure I'd want that. I use the same name (Tazar) for many of my characters and this would cause it to overwrite the file for another character on the destination shard.

G.v.P likes this.
  3. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The devs would obviously give each character folder a unique number after the name so that would not be a problem.

However the uoassist macros would need to be copied over and i don't think the devs could sort that.

G.v.P likes this.
  4. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I've always thought that characters should be identified by a variable (number) rather than name as it would greatly simplify issues for those that use the same name more than once... but those references are coded throughout the game at every level and from a prior dev comment it would be a massive workload to recode the system to work that way.

G.v.P likes this.
  5. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It is EASY to just copy and paste the file or folders as a whole yourself, damn laziness is the mother of all invention LoL

G.v.P likes this.
  6. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've been doing that for 14 years, though :p...