1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Macros

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by MariamATL, Jun 2, 2009.

1. MariamATL

MariamATL Guest

Are macro creating screwy on Atlantic today? I was reworking a new character and trying to create a bandage self macro which most of my other players have. No matter what I do or what letter combo I set it to, my macro will not work. HELP!! I am more than a little frustrated.

Mariam

2. MariamATL

MariamATL Guest

I want to add that the ONLY macro I can not seem to create is a bandage self macro. I have been able to create most others on this character. YES I have bandies on me. And YES I tried the bandage target - target self option.

3. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Is it just doing nothing?

4. MariamATL

MariamATL Guest

Yeah, the macro for bandage self is doing nothing but on my older chars whose macros were made years ago it still works.

5. GFY

GFY Guest

Are you using UOassist or are you making the macro in UO?

6. SevenFaith

SevenFaith Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you are using UO Assist, make sure you Count Resources. Then it should/will work.

7. MariamATL

MariamATL Guest

Nope I use regular old UO for macros and it still isn't working today. Makes it really hard to fight!!

8. GFY

GFY Guest

make sure that you don't have another macro set for the same key/keys your using for your bandage self macro. If you have something else already set your new macro won't work. UO sets the bow macro for one of the B keys (alt B I think).

Just delete the previous macro and your new macro will work fine.

9. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Nice point. When I start a new character...I wipe every generic macro they give you. Just start fresh with whats comfortable for you. Remember if you do use UO Assist the same keys will conflict. So keep track of all of your keys. :D

10. LordNoximos

Stratics Veteran

Macro's are over rated, click your spells like a G.

11. MariamATL

MariamATL Guest

O.k. so a week later....still no bandage self macro. Everything else works including a macro that screams I hate UO! (lol) I contacted in -game support and was told to report it as a bug but that they would not have any more correspondence with me after reporting it. So how is this supposed to fix my problem? It is this one macro on this one char! Sure makes gaining healing a darn hard process.

12. MariamATL

MariamATL Guest

Resolved this issue.....I soulstoned everything that had any value to me off of my char. Put all of his worldly belongings in my house and deleted him. Then I created a new char and the macro WORKS!!!! I can play my archer again!

13. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

14. a480silver

a480silver Guest

To do self bandage go ahead and drag bandages in the macro box then look for *wait for cursor* and drag it into the second box then you select *target self*

Hope that helps, i had problems to and i just did that, it works. :D

15. MariamATL

MariamATL Guest

Thanks a480silver but I resolved the issue by removing everything from the char and creating an entirely new char as nothing with bandies would work. =/

But it's all good because I made her a girl this time!

16. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The bandage self macro in the 2D Classic client only works with the new targeting system enabled. When you made a new character it defaults to on.

17. MariamATL

MariamATL Guest

Wow!! Wish I had known that months ago!! Oh well. It's all good!