1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

mage armor / leather armor

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by imported_Anvilinous, Apr 16, 2008.

1. anyone know if they fixed the bug with runic kits trying to add mage armor to regular leather armor as a property yet? ive looked around and cant find anything confirming this, which makes me think they have not. I have a horned kit just aching to be burnt on some gloves for my mage. but id hate to use it before they fix this,
    if anyone can weigh in on this, id appreciate it [​IMG]

2. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I believe that went in with the March 26th patch. I haven't thoroughly test it yet, but I'll spend some time on TC to verify it.

3. thanks setnaffa, i appreciate the help

didnt think to try it out on TC, ill go burn some on there too, see what i can come up with, id assume anything with abnormally low number of properties would mean that it has not been fixed.

4. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah. If you get any items with less than 4 properties on a Barbed kit item, it may not have been fixed.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Here's a quick way to check

Base resists: 15 total
    Runic exceptional resists: 6 + arms lore bonus (up to 5 at GM for most shards, 8 at GM for SP)
    material resists: 5 total for Spined, 11 for Horned, 12 for Barbed.
    Minimum resists that a Barbed kil should give for a runic property: 7 or 8 (depending on how the properties break. will assume 7 to low-ball the equation).

Assuming tailor, with GM Arms Lore on a regular shard, the base resists by material for EX leather is
    Normal: 26
    Spined: 31
    Horned: 37
    Barbed: 38

If there are 5 runic properties that are not resists, the resists should add to these numbers. This is also true if there are only 4 properties rolled, and none of them are resists.

IF there is ONE runic bonus to resists (and 3-4 other properties), a Barbed leather piece should be 45-53 resists. Subtract 1 for horned leather, 7 for spined.

If there are TWO runic bonuses to resists (and 2-3 other properties), the range for barbed should be 52-68 resists (same modifiers as above for other materials)

If there are THREE runic bonuses to resists (and 1-2 other properties), the resists for barbed should range from 59-83

If there are FOUR runic bonuses to resists (and 0-1 other properties), the resists for a barbed piece will range from 66-98.

If ALL FIVE properties are resists, the piece will have, if barbed leather, 73 to 113 resists!!!