1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Mage Armor

Discussion in 'UO Trader's Hall' started by Picus at the office, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

So slightly off topic but is related to the sale of some items. Has anyone tried to use the mage shop to remove the M.A. property? I can see a enhanced value for certain items as they would then get the increased LMC bonus.

Sadly, I had a bag of stuff which I was going to use to see if this worked but a friend and I wanted to see the loot on a harrower vs peerless and I forgot to drop it off at home. Needless to say my bard got "poofed" as I wasn't watching the screen and I lost about 15 higher end artifacts, lol. We all have things to laugh about in game, right?

2. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You are able to remove mage armor from ANY item that has the property Mage Armor.
    You are able to Add Mage Armor to items as long as they have 4 properties or less.

You are unable to Add Mage Armor to an item that is considered an "Artifact" like replicas and minor/major artifacts (doom/tokuno/ilshenar)

If you find loot labeled "Lesser Artifact - Legendary Artifact", these items would be able to have Mage Armor added back to them IF they had 4 properties or less.
    So on most higher-end items you are only able to Remove Mage Armor, but cannot add it back.