1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Magery] Mage suit for PvM

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by CorwinXX, Jan 11, 2012.

1. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Could you give me an idea for a suit for PvM Mage? I'm going to use direct damage spells mainly.

What does Casting Focus do? Do I need it?

What shield to use?

Are those arties useful:
    Enchanted Kelp Woven Leggings
    Crown of Arcane Temperament
    Protector of the Battle Mage
    Pendant Of The Magi
    Crystalline Ring

2. Ivor_MacGregor

Ivor_MacGregor Journeyman

Casting focus allows you ignore spell interruptions. To be honest, it really isn't worth trying to achieve the cap (12-15% I think).

As for a shield, it really depends on what your template is. Mystic mages need 4 faster casting to overcome the -2 faster casting from stone form. So using a shield with faster casting is common. You can also use the shield of invulnerability. It is rather cheap to get and has some nice perks. All of those arties are useful depending on what your template is and what you are doing. Of course using as much SDI on pvm is always great since there is no cap for sdi in pvm. However, the crystalline ring isn't necessary for pvm. That piece is mainly used in pvp for the hpr and +20 magery. Hope this helps

3. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

What is the difference between "casting focus" and "resonance"?

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I think that casting focus works for all damage types, whereas resonance is damage type-specific.

5. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

What artifacts a garg can use?
    I need something like Enchanted Kelp Woven Leggings and Crown of Arcane Temperament.