1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Mage Tamer Gear?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Brodie Sinn, May 14, 2010.

1. Brodie Sinn

Brodie Sinn Guest

Hey guys, I recently came back to UO and decided to try and bring my tamer up to date. I am completely lost on what gear to get him. Right now he has a really crappy 100 LRC suit and that is it. Could someone please point me in the right direction on what a mage tamer needs in his suit and gear. Thanks.
  2. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 11, 2009
    First of all, welcome back. I came back a few months ago after nine years away - man, did the game ever change in that time!

I'm no expert on suits, but I'd say with imbuing it should be pretty easy to get a basic suit with 100 LRC, 70 resists, and some LMC/MR thrown in there too. The amount of LMC and MR you need will depend on your playstyle - if you're going to be helping your pets with offensive spells, those mods would be a lot more important than if you're using magery mostly for heals, gating, etc.

I'm sure more experienced folks will give you some tips, but at least that's a start.
  3. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008

If you are pure Mage, Eval, Med, Tame, Lore, Vet then

You would need a nice LRC, LMC, MR, MI suit with.

With imbuing today that is really easy of course an imbued suit will eventually break. I isn't all that hard to find / make a nice suit using either Barbed kits or Val hammers as they are also fairly easy to come by.

I run a pur legendary tamer mage and have two suits, one if LRC, LMC, MR and the other is a LRC Luck suit.

There are also many artifacts that can be used to make new suits. If you are ATL drop me a line ill be happy to help ya get a nice suit setup.
  4. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Additionally, if you can, get 45 DCI.
    Makes you a less squishy target when the monsters attack you.
  5. Brodie Sinn

Brodie Sinn Guest

Thanks for the information guys, I'll start building a suit now that I know what to look for.