1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mage Tank Build Help

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Quadrophenia, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Guest

Hi, I'm making a mage tank from my mage necro and I have some questions

what skills should I be using? this is for pvp btw

these are set:
    magery
    eval int
    meditation
    fencing

but these im not sure:
    tactics?
    parry?
    resist spells?

and how much points on each skill i have no clue either

also how would my stat distribution be like? and how much dex would I need if I took parry

what gear should I be using specifically? whats a good weapon choice for mage tank? like what properties on a war fork should i look for.. what what armor would I use

lots of questions :(

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Take Chivalry, Bushido or both...

If you are going to use special moves, take tactics - otherwise you'd be better off with no weapon skill at all and using a mage weapon.

For gear, suggest Stormgrip (tokuno major)- that will give you 25% DI, 8 points into Int (allowing you to move points into Dex or Str and keep the same Int, or just raise your Int some). If you take parry, the Ancient Samurai Do Tokuno minor will give you decent resists and +10 to Parry (The Rune Beetle Carapace major sucks, for resists, but the mana properties on it will help both the mage and warrior side of your character - so, your call on tunic). All these I suggest are medable.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!