1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Mage Templates

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by evilomorthan, Oct 9, 2008.

1. evilomorthan

evilomorthan Guest

What kind of templates do you people use nowadays?

I was going to go anat/parry but its probably kind of hard to kill ppl with just magery.
  2. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

not impossible though lost of good mages out there, wyrm is one of my favorites as he taunts poeple with his nekkid awesomeness....
  3. Black magick

Black magick Guest

If you actually know how to play a mage its not hard at all to kill people really, most don't run resist. Now the ones that just run at the first sign of danger, yea, i'll admit they are more difficult to kill.
  4. evilomorthan

evilomorthan Guest

so.. what skill compliments magery the best. am i stuck with necromage/scribemage/or parrymage?
  5. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 3, 2004

scribe, focus, necro/ss, spellweaving, parry, ninjitsu, hiding, detect hidden, poisoning, alchemy, wep skill/tactics, stealing, lore/taming, music/provoking, cart/lockpick, anat/healing... whatever the hell you want.

Most mages on Siege have a personal goal to an extent... to have soul stones to cover pretty much all of these.

Hell when your finished with that... you could even swap out to this temp...

120swords 100tactics 120bushido 120ninjitsu 100hiding 80stealth 80med for kicks...

possibilities are endless.

as a mage you only really need the 5 basic mage skills... the 6th skill is really only there to specialize. A lot of people pick up scribe for the extra kick to their killing power... some pick up parry to stay a live a lil longer... its your choice. This isn't prodo where everyone's a cookie cut version of the flavor of the month.

Like right now, I'm running GM detect hidden... because I'm aiming to play a support role with the group I roll with.

Just know that each template has advantages and disadvantages... if you run a necro mage for example... you will be relying on staff of pyros, magi or swords of prosperity which makes drinking pots more difficult and more costly for the jewls to run the template at competitive casting speeds. Your offense will be killer though.

So to summarize... decide what works best for you
  6. Avo

Avo Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 30, 2008
    Oh oh oh, whats a good template that works around fencing with poison ??
  7. KVJ

KVJ Guest

From all my years of playing this game..... I found wrestle mages with inscribe is the way to go..... However, Necro / Mage treats me well against tamers....

It all depends really... But if you go Mage, your gonna want to be able to utilize the max damage for your spells. So choose Inscribe with Wrestling so you can disarm point dexters and stun / bola them off their mount. You must wear Defense Chance Increase items so you don't get whacked as much. If not, your good as dead.

Hope that helps.
  8. Turtle

Turtle Guest