1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Mage vs Dexer

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Goodoljoe, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Goodoljoe

Goodoljoe Guest

Ok i figure this been asked many times but how on earth do you kill a dexer with a mage type of template? Lets say both fighters are in factions ,dexer can just offscreen as soon he see things bad,you cant curse him worth a crap since he can alternate apples and faction bandages,I got -20 mage wep plus crystalline and 70 DCI and get hit every bloody time.Add pots onto equation and its a bloody joke.Ok so I am really not best to discuss about pvp things since I prety much suck at it only been doing it very recently for fun,but the panorama doesnt look good.

Anyone elighten me with their super tactics? :p
  2. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    If you're running solo it's probably best to be on some sort of a gimplate dexer.

If you're running with a small group a mage is better.

No one should ever really die 1 v 1 against a mage because you're right, it's too easy to off screen.
  3. JoO

JoO Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 6, 2008
    Not being able to prep specials with spell on cursor pretty much neutered mage solo burst. Burst is how you kill people solo if you cant suprise them with damage they are just gonna offscreen.
  4. rockkandy

rockkandy Guest

a good Mage temp that neutralizes dexxies is a tactics Mage. Run with an assortment of weaps and go from there. On my tactics Mage I have a disarm/bleed weap, a mortal/para weap, and 2 different heavy hitters. (conc blow and ai). It's always nice to throw in a conc or ai right after a big dump. Or disarm the bastages so u have time to heal.

Most people are so used to the crystalline Necro Mage temp, that when u hit them with a 36dmg AI they wet themselves a bit. Throw that in at the end of an explo fs combo and they are sitting around 15 hp. A fb/ma spam usually seals the deal