1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mage weapon and FC/FCR +Skill

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Crimson Hawk Moth, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Crimson Hawk Moth

Crimson Hawk Moth Adventurer

So how is this generally done ?

Get a -20 mage weapon, toss in crystalline ring then curse because my fc/fcr is jacked up? I suppose then I can throw in Inquisitors and lose mods Or instead I toss on nighteyes and lose 5 more points off my dci ;x

The issue I keep running into is if I imbue rings and bracelet to offset a mage weapon I am going to lose a slot. I am guessing if I have to drop a mod, it will be enhanced pots, or possibly drop any sdi on jewels and just rely on arcane empowerment, which does that make my sdi susceptible to purges ??

2. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Mage weapon does not have negative FC or FCR. I assume you mean spell channeling (regardless of skill), or am I wrong?

3. Crimson Hawk Moth

Yes spell channeling. The issue is to fit it a weapon I have to now pick up 20 points it would seem, and I am not wanting to sacrifice enhance pots from my jewels. ;c

4. Crimson Hawk Moth

When making a bokuto with the intent of reforging for -15 mage weapon, do you have to use the whetstone beforehand to remove the DI mod?

#4 Crimson Hawk Moth, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  5. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

You don't need to remove DI at all, unless you want to. I'm not sure about it, since I don't know of anyone who has actually used a whetstone, but I think you can use it at any time.

Also, with the new loot system, you can get a FC 2 on a ring/jewel. I've never seen a "clean" one, but I suppose it'd be possible.

I think there's a town trade deal that can get you 1 FC too.

Also, you could imbue Spell Channel onto a weapon, then also imbue FC 1, giving you FC 0 on the weapon... but this takes a slot too.

No matter how you look at it, if you want SC on a weapon/shield, you're going to have to compensate for that -1 FC penalty some how.

6. Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord GOD(GOD) Lore Keeper

Weapon: spell channel, 1 fc, 15-20 dci, 15-20 mage weapon, maybe even 2 hpr
    Ring: 1/3, 25 e.p, 10-15 mage, rest in dci
    Brace: 1/3, 25 e.p, 0-10 mage, rest in dci

Additional options: Slither/Treatise on Alchemy

Not seeing a problem these mods have been capped for 5+ years.

7. Crimson Hawk Moth

I was trying to make up 10% spell dmg on my rings as well, that's why I was having issues. Moving enough stuff around I made everything fit.

8. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

So if you follow the suggestion from @Lord GOD(GOD) with the following tweak.

Shield: SC, FC 1, DCI 20, ... a little int or mana or lmc maybe?

Then you can replace the DCI on one or both rings with some SDI, in theory.

9. Crimson Hawk Moth

What would you prefer, HPR 2 or on Hit effect. If On Hit effect which one would you chose ?
    I thought fireball was the way to go, but a friend of mine said to use lightning.

I should add in my case I am currently at 8 hpr. I could tack on 2 more with the sword, or I could add a hit effect.

#9 Crimson Hawk Moth, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  10. Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord GOD(GOD) Lore Keeper

I'd do 2 HPR, unless you're building it just for duels, (or just have both), if spawning I find having hit spell is a pain because it causes you to rubber band if it goes off when you're trying to move.

11. Crimson Hawk Moth

2 HPR it is then, thanks.