1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mage weapon, hit spell question

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Kallie Pigeon, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Does a mage weapon with hit spell damage get more damage from a high level mage or one with high eval as compared to a warrior type characer with no magery or eval?

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

No, hit spells don't benefit from spell damage increase, higher magery, or eval int. :(

3. Gelf

Gelf Guest

U sure i thought it did get the sdi bonus(capped at 15 for pvp of course)

4. Taylor

You're saying sdi increases the damage of hit spells on weapons? I've not heard that.

5. Thanks for the repsonses. I was wondering if there was more benefit to mages or some special reason to make those type of weapons.

6. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Somewhere in the back of my mind I have this lingering thought that it is true that SDI from items effects Hit Spell but not Hit Area on weapons for PVM only...so Hit Lightning would increase but Hit Energy Area would not.

But of course I have no tests or proof or other posts to back it up.

I imagine if it is true you'd see the best results from a weapon with this outfit/setup.

* Spell Woven Britches 10%
    * Crystaline Ring 20%
    * any Bracelet with 12%
    * Wizard's Crystal Reading Glasses 15%
    * Midnight Bracers 10%
    * Pendant of the Magi 5%
    * Cloak of Death 3%
    * Rune Blade of Knowledge 5%

That would give you 80% SDI which might actually make it worth it on the hit spell

7. Taylor

I don't have scientific tests, either. Though, my necro/mage only has 50 sdi, but his hit fireball mage weapon and my sampire's hit fireball weapon seem to do the same damage, as far as the hit fireball damage is concerned.

It would be worth testing.

8. Gelf

Gelf Guest

Decided to test this out. used vorpal bunnies and enchant weapon(mysticism spell that gives hit spell to weap) was doing a few points more damage(min-max)on avg, with 24 sdi, compared to 0 sdi. so sdi does affect hit spell damage on weaps