1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mage Weapon question

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by FetchChessepeake, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Does the Mage Weapon property affect only defensive weapon skill, or offensive as well?

That is to say, will I be able to hit in addition to avoid being hit?

I'm looking for an offensive weapon skill to combine with poison in a ninjitsu/magery template. Thanks.

2. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Ahoy - I "believe" that the Mage Weapon property offers defense only. At least this is how I understand it. Wrestling is a mages only Off/Def choice without investing in a melee/ranged skill with tactics for specials and so on. Not sure how that helps you with your template though.

Best of luck to you and I am sure there will be better advise from others.

3. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

Mage Weapon allows you to use that weapon as if you had skill in that weapon, except it goes off your Magery skill value. You will hit and be hit according to the same rules as if you had the weapon's actual skill. Your modified Magery Skill will be used in the calculations here: UO Stratics - Combat (most Mage Weapons have a -XX modifier which can be recovered using +Magery Items (rings, bracelets, etc..). You will still hit an attacker, but you wont be as good a warrior with Tactics, Anatomy, and high Dexterity.

Stayin Alive,

BG