1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

-# Mage Weaps

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Clog|Mordain, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Ok. Time for me to jump on this band wagon.

They need to be fixed. You should not be able to do any sort of special with them. IE. Deathstrike. People should not be able to do anything with these weapons. Except maybe use them for defensive purposes, much like the Eval + Anat formula.

Also, while I am having a ***** about things that work that shouldn't. Fix trap boxes, If someone wants to run with no resist, they should be forced to pay the price, atm with trapped boxes, enchanted apples, and 50 EP so readily available there is no point running with resist.

2. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

if you ever come across me i'll give you a reason to wish you had resist :x

3. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Deathstrike is not a special...it is a spell. /rant.

4. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

EPIC FAIL THREAD...

5. jtw1984

jtw1984 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

If they were going to fix trapped boxes then they would have to make it where evil omen does not effect the paralyze spell. Even at 120 resist, if trapped boxes didnt work every player would be x'd in.

Agreed with warriors don't need resist. Poison...cure pots and orange petals. Paralyze...trapped box....curses...apples and chiv.

6. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I wouldn't be so sure about Resist Spells being useless.

What happens when you run into a Mystic? Or Necro/Warrior... Oh well. Just saying..

And if Deathstrike is a spell, shouldn't Resist Spells affect it? :p And for the matter with that line of thinking, ALL "abilities" and weapon specials(maybe particularly for those that would be going too far) should be weakened by Resist Spells! rolleyes: They all use Mana..

As for the topic.. I've been gone a long time, long enough to not remember whether Tactics is what allows you to perform special moves with a weapon. If that's still the case I have no issues with mages investing in that skill just for the special moves. It could be an improvement if they required 100+ Tactics though.

7. longshanks

longshanks Guest

You really should thoroughly think things through before you come whining on stratics about nerf's.

there should be a cool down timer between when you get clownstomped at yew gate and your allowed to come to the boards and post.

:gee::sad2::sad2::thumbup1:

8. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

When you're in stat, sometimes that's your only obvious option... :stretcher: