1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

mage wep and skill

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by jhobyone, Sep 10, 2009.

1. jhobyone

jhobyone Guest

If i have 120 wrestle, do I need a -20 spell channeling mage wep.
    temp as follows
    120 magery
    120 med
    120 resist
    100 poisen
    120 eval
    120 wrestle

have the usually aof, crystalline ring, orni, inquisitors gloves
  2. samsung

samsung Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 10, 2009
    good question i have the same template wondering the same thing....:thumbsup:?
  3. Capt.E

Capt.E Guest

For a template like yours there is no real reason for a Mage weapon. You could take wrestle off if you had a sc Mage weap -20 that is one handed and add spell weaving or something else, mysticism ? Alchemy ? Wrestle is nice also however with the mods on spellbooks like mr3 and Sdi or dci you could go one handed and chug potions. Another option is putting 100 anat and together with your 120 eval this equates to 120 defensive wrestling(e.g. No disarm or stun punch). Drop the remaining 20 into focus for 40 focus with mods. Your suit really lends itself to using Mage-necro template with a sc Mage weapon(you should try to find one with no neg casting -20 and dci).
  4. Zhao_Yun

Zhao_Yun Guest

You could drop u poisoning to 80 an have 20 free points there a 200 cap on magery an poisoning 120+80= 200
  5. Kelly Daze

Kelly Daze Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Feb 5, 2009
    No, you don't need a mage weapon. On my wrestle mage I carry a spell book because you can still disarm with the spell book equipment with DCI, SDI, and I can;t remember the other mod. The other hand is free to chug pots and to disarm dexers.
  6. RichDC

RichDC Guest

As above, no need for a mage weapon.

I use both a shield and a book.

Use the old SL event clanins spellbook (mr3 80luck 20lrc 12lmc(i think) 5dci) then if i get disarmed i equip a 12dci 9hci hpr2 shield.

Still chug pots and never lose DCI.

You could actually gain a fair few points, if you dropped magery to 100(+20 with crystaline), poisoning to 80 and used anat instead of wrestle, you would have 60 points to play with.

These could go into effectiveish spellweaving (60 gives nice buffs!) or 80 focus, or ninja, or(if you can use the grammer of orcish tali (+5resist and +7 anat) you could put it into alchemy and give yourself 20inate ep.
  7. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008

120 mage, Eval, Resist, Wres, med.
    100 scribe. rest of my points are in Chiv.

I use a old school Val shield SC no -fc with HCI and DCI some resists while I can keep the other hand free to para, or disarm and drink pots even in some situations a spell book. No need for a mage weap, now my necromage on the other hand has to use one being that points are a tight fit.
  8. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 23, 2009
    Its either or really.. Mage weapon or wrestling.

Mage wep means you're wasting skill points if you have wrestle.

If you have a wrestle set up , I'd suggest getting a sick spell book that best suits your temp set up.