1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

mage with no melee skill

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by soze, Jun 14, 2010.

1. soze

soze Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

does having a shield with DCI even help on a mage with no melee, including wrestling, or a mage weap?

2. Urin

Urin Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Wait, are you sure it doesn't improve somewhat the chances to dodge derived from one's eval? It's probably not significant, but I think it might affect that.

3. soze

soze Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

If a mage is human, then it would have 20 parry from JOAT, which could combine with a DCI%, but it wouldnt amount to much

4. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yes it will help, but at 120 eval 20 anatomy, its like having 80 wrestling. It will still help tho, if you load your dci up to 45 you will go from being hit 80% of the time to 70% of the time.

5. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

To clarify, please. If I have no weapon skill and wear 45 DCI and carry a spellbook (No Eval either and Elf so no anat JOAT), it is a waste of mods?

But if I carry a -20 Mage Use sword, and with mage skill jewel mods that give me the equivalent of 115 swordsmanship, then I do get the benefit of the DCI 45?

6. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You got it 80%... =)

Elf no eval no anatomy no wrestling with dci IS wasting of mods.
    No eval no anatomy no wrestling will have 0% chance to dodge an attack. Even if you load yourself up with 45dci which calculates off your CHANCE TO DODGE 0% chance to dodge enhanced with 45% bonus is still zero. (0*1.45)=0 aka... BIG WASTE OF MODS

But if you have equilibrium of 115 weapon skill and have a base chance to dodge of 40% then take the 40% chance to dodge and enhanced by 45dci which gives you (40*1.45)= 58% chance to dodge GOOD USE OF DCI MODS.

so there :thumbup1:

7. NickyDishes

NickyDishes Guest

people who hold spellbooks and a sheild together are not being smart at all....u take away the ability to chug potions...joat isnt worth it...all the speed junkies r going to hit u 50% of the time with moving shots at 120 skill anyway, and that's assuming ur 45 dci and thy dont have HLD. either way if u dont have a mage weapon, weapon skill, defensive wrestle, or wrestling....ur gonna get smacked around. If ur gonna equip both hands at least use a 2 handed -0 mage weapon.