1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Magery 100 and Magery 120

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Razzputon, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Razzputon

Razzputon Guest

Can anyone enlighten me to the differences between Magery 100 and Magery 120? Do I need 120 or can I get the same effect with 110 or 115 Magery?

My character is a Tamer, not a pure Mage. I'm curious as to the minimum I can get away with and still be able to do some damage with this skill.

2. imported_GFY

imported_GFY Guest

The difference between 100 and 120 is the amount of failures on 7th and 8th levels spells. You will never fail 7th level spells at 106 but you need 120 to never fail 8th level spells. As you get closer to 120 you'll fail 8th level less often.

3. NeXeD LeGeNd

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Your magery skill also determines how many hit points you will heal. What your chances of curing DP or LP are. Magery also determines whether or not you will be able to poison your target.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't forget the Mind Blast action.

5. One thing I've wondered about is how it effects the strength and duration of the various summonses.

OZ

6. NeXeD LeGeNd

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i don't think it has any effect on summons other than the ability to cast them.

7. Hector12

Hector12 Guest

If you don't pvp, you don't need 120 magery.

120 magery scroll the most expensive scroll in game because of pvp. At 120 magery, you have a higher chance to poison people. Getting the poison to stick at the right time = a kill. The fact that it mini-heals a little more hp is a bonus nice.

8. This gentleman speaks facts.

Don't go 120 for PvM, you really don't need to spend that much money.