1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Magery and stealth

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Abercoby, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Abercoby

Abercoby Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 29, 2007

I am making a stealther mage intending to be 100%lrc and I want your opinions about a template and gear. Here is what I am thinking of :

Evaluating Intelligence
    Resisting Spells

Hat of Magi
    Armor of fortune
    Arcane Shield
    Alchemist's Bauble or even better an orny (i am trying to get one [​IMG])
    Rest items aren't yet decided

So what do you think of it? Has anyone tried it with 100% lrc? Will I be able to stealth with 80 in skill while having a shield? Every opinion is welcome, thank you.

p.s. I'll be using him for pvp and pvm
  2. imported_GFY

imported_GFY Guest

I have a Stealth/mage and it's a very fun template to play. I haven't made up a 100 LRC suit however because I use soo many skill points in items.

I would suggest a few changes however. First you need to get rid of the Boom Stick, especially for PVP. You'll get disarmed and you won't be able to cast because your LRC drops below 100.

My template is:

Magery 120
    Eval 120
    Med 120
    Resist 120
    Wrestle 120
    Hiding 100
    Stealth 80

As I said I have alot of skill points in my items to achieve these totals. I also carry regs because I can't squeeze 100 LRC into my suit. I just have a Legendary made arcane cape, robe, and boots. This allows me to cast enough spells to get back to my regs, even in a pvp environment.

I would drop focus and add Wrestling. Wrestling is your defense skill and disarm is priceless vs dexxers.