1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Magery for Treasure Chests

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Seldon_SP, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Seldon_SP

Seldon_SP Adventurer

I recently noticed that it was possible to open the chests from level 4 (cleverly drawn) treasure maps by using the "unlock" spell, with a 120 mage.

This runs contrary to what it says in uoguide (that you can only open up to level 3 chests with 120 Magery), so I don't know if it's a "Siege only" thing.

Does anyone know if it's also possible to open level 5 chests on Siege with just Magery?

2. puzzleagent

puzzleagent Guest

You can't open treasure chests with magery on siege. You need to do lockpicking:)

3. MANSBETH

MANSBETH Seasoned Veteran

Hey Seldon...do u still want to sell that Luna globe?

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If you managed to open a chest of any level using magery on Siege, it's a bug. It's not supposed to be possible

5. Seldon_SP

Seldon_SP Adventurer

Are you sure it's a bug? I know that the "telekinesis" spell doesn't work on Siege to trigger the trap (so you either have to get "remove trap" skill or just take the damage). I never read anything to suggest that magery wasn't meant to work to open the chests though. I must have opened 100+ level 1-3 chests on Siege using the "unlock" spell!

MANSBETH; Yes, I'm still interested in selling the Luna globe. I've PM'd you my ICQ.

6. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ive unlocked Kegs/Barrel that spawn in Despise with Unlock Spell...

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I beg your pardon, it seems I am mis-remembering. I've checked the information we have on site, as you said, there is only mention of telekenisis spell not working.

8. JasmineSP

JasmineSP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You'll need to use the lockpicks to open a level 5 chest.

Unlock does work on lower level chests.

Telekenisis never works on this shard, so don't forget 70 fire resist armor for when you take the blast.