1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

magery gain

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Trollmaker, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Trollmaker

Trollmaker Guest

Is it normal gaining 0.2 magery for an hour of casting flamestrike?
    Im am on a boat going slow forward using a -25 magery wand and at 112.5 magery

2. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

It's normal, i trained couple weeks ago, same speed. Depends on your luck, sometimes 1,5% in hour, then slows down.

3. Trollmaker

Trollmaker Guest

Ahh ok , then i guess i have alot of work ahead to get to 120 =)

4. GFY

GFY Guest

You no longer need to be on a boat. You can get gains anywhere. The old anti macroing patches were removed.

Fastest way to gain magery is to go to Swoops and get Discorded by a sayter and use your -25 wand and cast 3rd-4th level spells.

5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Wouldn't that be very dangerous... 3rd and 4th level spells at Swoop? How do you keep from being obliterated.

I'm just using a -29 wand and going mad casting over and over again (no pun intended with my character's name). Skill gains going well, but I'm only in the 90s. I'm not scrolled at all, so it probably would be even quicker with a 110 or 115 magery scroll.

-OBSIDIAN-

6. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Don't actually fight Swoop, that's just the area where Satyrs are, hehe.
    The least boring method would be to go hunting somewhere, spam EV's and 7th level spells like chain lightning and meteor swarm. Only takes a couple days of regular play to raise well.

7. GFY

GFY Guest

What I like to do to max out magery is go to the Ice fiend room in Ice dungeon. You'll need a Demon slayer spell book and some decent armor. I've gone in a 30's resist LRC suit but it can get dangerous. You can kill them with 1 explosion flame strike combo. Cast a couple of EV's for magery gains and collect the gold. Just remember to keep an eye on your health bar and heal when needed and you should be fine. Don't use a - 29 mage weapon here though.