1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mages of Siege, advice?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Silent Singer, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

Ok, I'd love to hear input from all of you on the following:

1. As a mage, what item do you siege bless, and why?

I normally bless a legendary shield with a ton of mage bumps OR jewelry for taming (I'm at 105 natural). However, I have a Slither I've thought about carrying, and I also have Swords of Prosperity which I can siege bless. If I have a slayer spellbook I'll bless that. What do you guys generally do? Would you run swords of Prosperity over tome of lost knowledge?

2. Is there any benefit to running spirit speak and med or focus at the same time? Does the mana regen from each stack?

I'm considering working necro / ss but want sure if keeping med on would be redundant.

Thanks all!

2. Silent Singer

Spirit speak doesn't do mana regen looks like. I was smoking crack again I guess....

3. Silent Singer

Also, would it be better to have 120 necro / 105 spirit speak,
    Or,
    105 necro / 120 ss?

4. Ru TnT

Ru TnT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

It does not affect mana regen, but it does affect the amount of mana that you can leech in wraith form.

I like 105necro/120SS, it gives you a 100% chance to cast wither/strangle.

Depends on what I am doing. Usually SoP, or if I'm running an event book, I'll bless a shield. Or if I'm out treasure hunting, I'll bless my lucky charm. I usually try to bless the most expensive/hardest to replace item.

It stacks. If you're running in wraith from it might not be needed, but it's still useful when you're not in form or get mana vamped.

kelmo and Bo Bo like this.
  5. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

i generally bless my Scrappers, or if i decide to use a different book i bless my Orb. I really don't care if i lose anything to begin with, but those things are harder to replace than the rest of my suit.

6. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

1a) it really depends on what temp your running. if your using something along the lines of a pure mage with a spellbook then you bless a doom orni, slither, crimmy or tangle. if its a parry mage id bless a boss shield. I guess it is a matter of what other mods and your resources you have available to make suits according to what temp your running.

1b) if you are not going to have wrestling or anat/ei combo for defense wrestling then without a doubt you bless a -15/-20 mage wep. I don't like the swords of prosperity because you can not use pots

2) you were smoking crack when you first asked this but figured it out. lol

if your running a necro mage all you need is 105 necro to cast strangle without fail. tbh i think you could get away with just gm. I don't feel like the fail rate would be bad at all. the only benefit to having 120 necro is to cast revenant and maybe an extra tile with wither(but I am not sure of that). and I would def run 120 spirit speak with a necro mage.

as far as med or focus goes, id go with med on a mage temp if you can fit any amount in multiples of 10. as a human you get 3 mr as a default because of the "jack of all trades". if you have more than 12 mr(not counting the JOAT) your mr is dimishing gains after that. IE: every 2 mr after 12 mr is equal to 1 mr. so if you have 14 mr on your suit it acts like 13 mr. if you got 16 mr it acts as 14 mr. its just like your STR after it reaches 100.....every 2 count as 1

Eaerendil likes this.
  7. Silent Singer

Thanks everyone for the great answers. I appreciate it. I'll go with 120 ss and 105 necro. Didn't think about pots, but wouldn't that be more of an issue in pvp? Anyway, thanks!

8. Synbad

Synbad Journeyman

I bless my Tangle

9. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

I always bless my mage weapon if I figure I have a good chance to die. Like Vic - losing things does not bother me but I hate going back to reequip when something or someone has my stuff!