1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Magincia, Blackrock Golems and Boats....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Feb 22, 2011.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There are spots around the magincia island which, for one reason or the other, are "felt as better" when fighting the Blackrock Golems (lower shoreline, closer to spawns, whatever...).

Several players leave their boats parked attached to the shore thus blocking whatever preferred spots there may be.

Since I have heard of some boats, set with DENY ACCESS which means noone should be able to board them, being moved away from their last location and found in the open sea, I assume and guess they were moved by Game Masters paged by players who wanted to free that given spot to place their boat.

Problem is, that when paging a GameMaster to get a ship moved, some times players get a canned response and the particular location by the shore they want to be cleared is not, and whatever ship is blocking it, stays there.

So I wonder, if some ships are moved, even set at DENY ACCESS, without the owner knowing or other users of the boat knowing, but then when players page for a Game Master often they just get a canned response and the ships are not moved, how on earth some boats are moved from their shore blocking location ?

Is there some bug which allows someone, even with security set to DENY ACCESS, to board a boat and move it ?

Thank you in advance for the kind answer that you might be willing to provide.

2. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

You should actually check all of those boats, somebody put me onto the fact that some people leave them unlocked/unsecure and it was easy to move them around and out to open sea.

3. Gowron

Gowron Guest

To my knowledge, the only locations that boats are automatically removed are the boat mining areas and the sea market.

I have a feeling that boats that have been "moved" have been moved by players rather than GMs.

I wouldn't recommend holding your breath on this one.

4. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

blast the boat, board it, move it

5. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Really? Does that work if blasting legacy ships? No more boat storage, wow!

6. Yalp

Yalp Guest

They are being moved by players, not GM's. If you want to leave your boat there and don't want it moved, deny access and/or lock it. If you are leaving the area for an extended period of time, be kind and move your boat out a bit.

7. popps

popps Always Present

Personally, I think all the sea around the island should work like at the floating docks.

That is, if a boat is left unattended it is automatically moved to the open sea to free up the shore.

Of course, if there is players on the boat, even if not the owner, the boat should be left be as long as there is players using it.

It is only the boats not being used which bother me blocking the shore.

8. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

Years ago Draconi made magincia water dangerous for boats. They decayed very fast. Time to turn on again.

9. [JD]

[JD] Guest

have any of you complaining thought of going to fel?

10. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

Do they spawn in fel? Last time I checked (few days ago) they didn't.

11. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

afaik they don"t - unfortunately...

12. [JD]

[JD] Guest

strange seeing as there is a murderer helping me kill a blackrock golem ... see Beastmaster's lifebar - it's red. :)

they spawn in fel, its worth a boat ride and 5k insurance money to check it out to get away from trammie overpopulation and griefing ways. just mark the fel island in a couple locations.

there's a WHOLE OTHER world out there guys... explore it instead of making threads! lol.

[​IMG]

13. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

lol go figure it was fire! big surprise there :thumbup:

14. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

During events like these, i always go to fell if tram is swarmed. My tho is that there are hardly any golems there, and they dont respawn it seems untill the server restarts. Theres only about 4 or 5 that spawn everday. And theres no demons and stuff, which is kinda weird as well. Whole thing just doesnt make sense to me, massive spawn in Tram, hardly any in Fell.

15. We just use the house on atlantic. We all stand in there. A golem is brought by. It stands there. We kill it. Multiple account people bring one from every account. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat. Everyone gets 1 or 2 pieces every half hour.

FUN aint it. Great event.