1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Magincia lottery

Discussion in 'UHall' started by startle, Mar 14, 2011.

1. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but have they announced yet how/where the Magincia lottery tickets can be purchased?

I'd love to own a plot there after reading Magincia Plot Guidelines tonight. If for no other reason, to be in a place where I can imagine quite a few players will hang that ISN'T LUNA.....

rolleyes:

2. jaashua

jaashua Guest

No, but I hope they put more thought into this than they typically do. As it stands now, with the northern plots, there's nothing to prevent an account from buying a ticket for every plot on every shard and auctioning off anything they manage to win....whether they play that shard or not. A veteran with a newbie character can earn the 100,000 gold to get a ticket for every plot in probably an hour. At least the southern plots will require you have a substantial presence on the shard to have a legitimate chance of winning.

3. Symma

Symma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

They haven't even begun testing on Origin yet. Which they said will happen first before they open it to other shards.

4. Calis M^N

Calis M^N Guest

they said they would dlo a full cycle of the lottery on origin before WWR.. so there is some time!

5. retrorider

retrorider Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Silly question, but what is WWR?

6. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot

world wide release would be my guess

7. Calis M^N

Calis M^N Guest

we have a winner! i was thinking will i be all cool and do it in letters! im glad someone understood! :D

8. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Old people are funny

9. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

actually you are mistaken, the video live feed said there would be a mini cycle a week long to test it on origin before it went live on all shards, which would then have the full cycle

10. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

can i just dump 100 mil on the 2k tickets and basically guarantee a spot?

11. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It is the pure chance of cross shard junk account grubbing will spoil the New Mag growth. There will be a long greed timer before this new housing area settles into whatever it will become.

FIX. Build the city and have the NPCs guys at each plot. Say "Spawn" to the NPC and a BR Golum spawns locked in house lot area. Lotto ticket from kill that is dropped on NPC for your shot at the RNG WIN. Northern lot work like bone demon spawn and can only "Spawn" Once per account and the ticket is dropped in pack. Golum takes damage from anyone but only the spawner gets ticket and golum vannishes in 15 minutes if not killed. Northern plot NPC carry the Players name while golum spawned (lets you know if your going to help a naked junk account or just let the timer burn out) Any northern plot NPC will take northern ticket for that lots lotto.

Southern lot NPC works the same as above. Southern spawned BR Golum have the ticket as loot corpse chance for those with looting chance. Any Southern NPC will take the southern ticket for chance lotto for that lot.

Why make this another cross shard gold miser farse. I have put in some insane time playing UO. AS an example those that could drop an easy 150mil on the BritBarge really need to be rewarded more by unique housing area also. I have no BritBarge. Guess I should of done the Tangle Grind type play instead of honestly enjoying all the game has to offer. Just think the lots should have a related way to earn a chance. Not be tied into rewarding script gathering, turn-in item sales and any other darkside ill gotten gold. I understand the need for some gold sink, but if it remains as gold related lotto, then make the NewMag city centerpiece a pillar of salt that works like the moongate. Add the killing lotto ticket style and still have the gold option at 1,000,000 gp tickets for sothern lots only..

12. jaashua

jaashua Guest

My guess is that 100M would get you a 50% shot. If you'd be willing to risk 100M on the flip of a coin, then....