1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Making a character on Siege

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by jtw1984, Aug 17, 2010.

1. jtw1984

jtw1984 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

How hard is it to field a mage on Siege? Do people usually use regs for casting?

What is the easiest temp to make and keep on Siege?

Sorry, the reason I ask is I just dont have time to constanstly restock. However, I only play in fel on real shards so I figure why not give Siege a shot?

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

It just got a hell of a lot easier. RoT caps have been removed. LRC suits are pretty cheap. Good timing!

3. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Siege is just like any other shard dude. Except you lose your gear when you die...

So that means. Don't run a completely gimped out 100 lrc, 40 lmc, 70 dci, 20 MR suit unless you're not afraid of losing it. I know the guys in my guild run those suits, but they also pay a pretty penny when they die.

Most people make good use of the faction artifacts and many of the new arties. Just gotta weigh what your willing to lose...

4. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

No, it is not hard to field a mage. And no, few people use regs. Imbued full LRC, 70 resist suits are available for well under 100k.

For template advice, you probably need to state whether it is for PvM, PvP, or both.

5. Critical Gaming

Critical Gaming Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Building skills here is super easy, and gold transfers over 5:1. If you have a bunch of gold on prodo, transfer it over (I'll do some if you have ATL gold..)

120s here go cheap, resists/evals go for roughly 3m, while magery/myst goes for 5-7m, although someone just bought one for 10m LOLOLOL.

Anyways, as far as gear goes, you'll most likely need regs when you start PvPing. After you kill some people and sell their gear back, you'll be sitting nice as far as gold is concerned, so then you can start buying up your seeds of renewal and faery dust to make uber suits w/ LRC.

Most mage suits consist of faction arties - Folded Steels, orny, crystalline, crimson, HoL or Fey legs, and imbued mage weap (expensive) but I can give you a crappy one for free if you're interested until you get your **** going.

The rest of the pieces are usually extremely high-end imbued stuff, but you can get as crazy as you want with it. LRC/MR/LMC/HPI/MI/resist are the mods you're looking for.

6. burdensrise

burdensrise Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

To add onto something Freesly brought up. You can also make pretty good playable suits using the cheap 5k silver faction items. Fey Legs, Carapace and Kasa add in some jewels and a little imbued runics. You got yourself a pvp worthly suit that wont break your entire bank every death.