1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Making a Mage/Tamer Suit

Discussion in 'Craftsman's Data Chest' started by NuSair, Jul 25, 2010.

1. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I am finally getting around to working on my wife's tamer and was hoping to get some advice on how to go about putting the suit together.

What arties should I use? Cost really isn't that much of a concern.

There are only 2 real restrictions.

1-She insist on using protection.
    2- The ring is currently a Crystalline Ring mainly because she needs to +20 to get her to 120 magery.

2. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you have access to an Imbuer I'd say go that route being sure to go for at least 84 total physical resist. Protection dropped my Tamers physical resist 14 points. You can get +20 Magery with imbued jewelry.

My Tamer's template is

Skill Value Real Jewelry
    Tame 120 107 +13
    Lore 120 107 +13
    Vet 120 107 +13
    Music 120 107 +13
    Peace 120 107 +13
    Magery 110 97 +13
    Resist 100 87 +13

His armor is Imbued all 70's though Protection drops it's physical to 62 (from 76), and has Mana Regen +12 (6 x 2), Stamina regen 4 (2 x 2), & Hit point Regen 3 (3 x 1) & is 100% LRC. The jewelry has the above +13's, SDI +12 & DCI +7. You can imbue a lot into a set of gear and it's a lot simplier.

3. sirion

sirion Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I have made and re-made and re-made perfect suits for my chars, and I realized it is possible to make awesome suits no matter which artifacts you prefer.

- crystalline rings + Orny + Chaos Shield: I used to have these on every mage chars, but not anymore. Now I have: Bracelet (1/3) and Ring (1/3), because I want to have more freedom on both hands (drink pots, or change spellbooks). So I always start out assuming I wont be benefited from spellbook mods.

My tamer now wears:
    - Jester Hat of Chuckles
    - Memo of Fortune
    - Armor of Fortune
    - the rest are imbued pieces
    - near 70s, full LRC and LMC,
    - Luck 16xx.

When making a new suit, my strategy is to first decide what artifacts I want to use. Based on that, then I calculate the possibility using Excel.

My bard mage uses:
    - crystalline ring
    - hat of magi
    - runebeetle carapace
    - orny
    - pendant of magi
    - imbued: gloves, sleeves, leggings (each has MR=2)
    - near 70s, Full LMC, LRC
    - Mana Regen = 29 (+ boomstick, tonue of beast, garb, tangle)

Again, you can make ANY suits nowadays with imbuing. Just decide what arties you prefer first, then do careful calculation on Excel.

Wear the artifacts first, then write down all your base resists, put on Protection. Then start do some math.

Have fun!

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Is this for PvM or PvP. Also, does she use some form of defense (e.g., mage weapon, wrestling, anatomy)?

5. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

6. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Ok, so she doesn't really need a dci suit. She insists on running protection, so she doesn't need to worry about fc/fcr (it'll be slow, period). Sounds like all she really needs is a basic mage suit: 100 lrc, 40 lmc, 9+ mr, 60s resists.

Let's say she uses her favorite crystalline ring, as well as an orny and a pendant of the magi. That'll give her 50 lrc, 20 lmc, 6 mr, 25 sdi, and 15 energy resist. You'll be left with the following pieces: head, chest, legs, arms, and gloves.

If you add Stitcher's Mittens (elves only) and Kasa of the Raj-in, you'll end up with 80 lrc, 20 lmc, 6 mr, 37 sdi, and 32/20/41/21/36. This leaves the following properties, to be divided between imbued chest, arms, and legs:

20 lrc (imbue 1 item to 20 lrc)
    20 lmc (7lmc on 2 items, 6lmc on 1 item)
    4-6 mr (2mr on 2 items, or 2mr on 3 items)
    38/50/29/49/34 for all 70s (average: 13/17/10/17/12)

As a result, you'll end up with 100 lrc, 40 lmc, 10-12 mr, 37 sdi, all 70s. This doesn't even include benefits from a shield and weapon/book. Piece of cake.

7. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the help, I finished up the suit last night.

Haven't decided what I am going to do with her hands. Probably slaying spellbook and for a shield... not sure... vesper seems a waste.