1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

[General] Making a max Luck suit....

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by QII, Nov 16, 2012.

  1. QII

    QII Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2003
    Messages:
    39
    Likes Received:
    5
    Hi,

    I am only back to the game for a few months and still trying to figure things out....

    I want to make my tamer a high luck suit and with imbuing and reforging I am more than a little confused. I am looking for advice on how to make one...

    Any help would be greatly appreciated...
     
  2. Basara

    Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2003
    Messages:
    8,472
    Likes Received:
    593
    The basic formula is:

    Start: Use low/mid range runics that allow "of fortune" to reforge exceptional items with 150 luck.

    End: Enhance with the luck-giving material for that item, using a forged metal tool (as items would be 100% failure chance without it)

    All the stuff in between those two steps depend on the properties you wish to add (reforging and imbuing steps). Remember that when imbuing resists, you want to imbue the resists closest to their base resists, as resists from all other sources are ignored in favor of the base+Imbued amount. And, remember to POF all items that aren't Brittle/Cannot be repaired up to 255 before imbuing.
     
  3. Sir Morder

    Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    May 31, 2004
    Messages:
    1,745
    Likes Received:
    114
    so i know to reforge 150 luck with metal it's best to use copper runic hammers, but which is better for leather, spined or horned?
     
  4. Sir Morder

    Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    May 31, 2004
    Messages:
    1,745
    Likes Received:
    114
    i should of read before i posted. got the answer thanks.
     
  5. Thunderz

    Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2008
    Messages:
    1,729
    Likes Received:
    64
    At what base number does luck become 100% fail? i.e. 40 luck/85 luck/120 luck?

    Thunderz
     
  6. DJAd

    DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Messages:
    7,937
    Likes Received:
    3,591
    I was going to make a suit for my tamer trying to hit 2k + luck.

    After reading up the "optimal" seems to be 1000-1200 luck, is this still the case?
     
  7. Basara

    Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2003
    Messages:
    8,472
    Likes Received:
    593
    Luck becomes 100% fail at different levels, based on the crafting skill (and their caps).

    The chance to fail is 30%+(current luck/2) -1%((skill-100)/10)

    So, for Carpentry, Tinkering and Fletching, that is 100% at 140 luck, before factoring in the other fail chances from the other properties being changed (resists, lower requirements, durability).

    For Tailor, it hits 100% fail at 142 luck, because it can't go over 120.

    Smiths, if 120 skill and holding a +60 ASH, hit 100% fail at 148 luck.

    Note that the max luck from Reforging & dungeon loot is 150.

    Even those numbers are misleading. IIRC, the formula checks each change, and if any ONE property fails, they all fail. So if you started with a armor metal item that was 10/10/10/10/10 resists, and enhanced with gold, you'd have a (70%)^5 * 80% (LReq base, if the property isn't already present) = 16.807% * 80% = 13.4456% IF THE ITEM STARTED AT ZERO LUCK.

    So, if that hypothetical item was 140 luck, instead of 0, at 120 Smith (no ASH), the chance of success would be 0.134456%, or about 1 in 750 chance of success, with about a 90% chance of breakage on a failure (breaking chance is about 10% less than the failure chance). This is because 120 Smith is 1% success at 140 luck.

    Here's the breakdown from the enhancing page

    - All Resistances: failure % = 20 + Current Resistance (only for resists that actually change)
    These only factor in if they are changing as a result of the enhance.
    - Durability: failure % = 20 + ( Current Max. Durability / 40 )
    - Lower Requirements: failure % = 20 + ( Current Lower Requirements% / 4 )
    - Luck: failure % = 30 + ( Current Luck / 2 )
    Drop all decimals from the calculations. Each roll is done separately.

    To find the chance of success
    Take each failure chance, and subtract it (after dropping decimals) from 100%. This will get you a bunch of numbers 80% and less.
    Multiply all these together, and remember to adjust the decimal accordingly.
    ex. 80% * 80% = 64% (i.e., .8 * .8 = .64)

    A normal, non-exceptional, piece of leather armor has 2/4/3/3/3 base resists.

    So, Spined leather has a 78% * 60% chance of success = 46.8%, as only 1 resist is altered, plus luck
    Both Horned and Barbed have the same chance of success, as they alter all 5 resists
    78%*76%*77%*77%*77%, or a tiny fraction under 77%^5 chance of success. OR, a tiny bit over 26% chance of overall success.
     
  8. Thunderz

    Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2008
    Messages:
    1,729
    Likes Received:
    64
    Cheers Bassara :) the first 5 line did it for me the rest was way over my head :)

    Thanks

    Thunderz
     
  9. Ron Silverbeard

    Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1,741
    Likes Received:
    576
    If you want more luck you have to search and buy special items with higher luck on them than 190.
    There is a Mempo of Fortune from back in the Tokuno Events that has 300 luck - and so on..

    uoguide.com has a great site for your information you can look at to see what items give you max luck - Luck - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

    But beware - super high luck doesnt mean you get what you want - there is a good chance you end up with only cursed, brittle and cannot be repaired items that might be useable for PVM until they break or you lose it or to unravel for crafting materials....many people tried the best "formular" yet and it seems like you got the best drops with luck between 1000 and 1200...
     
  10. Arrgh

    Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    Messages:
    624
    Likes Received:
    94
    I see this is an old post but thought I'd try to ask a question anyway. I have a suit that is 2315 without the statue buff but according to this quote above it is overkill. Do you mean the luck starts becoming noticeable at 1000-1200 and gets progressively better or is 1000-1200 the sweet spot?

    Thanks =)
     
    SpellBreaker likes this.
  11. whitesmith

    whitesmith Sage

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2015
    Messages:
    638
    Likes Received:
    828
    you can start from either side...

    Take off all your clothes...
    Or
    Wear it all then start taking off one item at a time...

    Assuming ur on a Tamer, kill mob, check loot, increase or decrease clothing, kill mob, and so on, when you start seeing what you want, keep that luck...

    That's how you trick ur brain, supposed to be higher luck for higher intensity.
     
  12. Charels

    Charels Journeyman

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2014
    Messages:
    132
    Likes Received:
    40
    I use horned kits to make 150 luck items. Depending on the additional mods you want on with it will determine how many kits you will probably need to burn before you get the mods you want.
    For example: 150 luck with 3mr I would burn up to 5 kits before I saw this roll. With that being said I've done it on my first reforge as well. I've made a lot of luck suits and they can be time consuming.
     
  13. Sophia

    Sophia Visitor

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2016
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    1
    Are these luck suits still available to craft? I heard that recently (1-2 weeks ago) the patch removed the ability to apply the final spined/gold/oak enhancement if the luck was too high, ie 150. Is this complete offal? I am working my imbuing up atm, and would be distraught to learn it was partially to waste.

    Thank you.
     
  14. DJAd

    DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Messages:
    7,937
    Likes Received:
    3,591
    Where did you hear this?
     
    Keith of Sonoma likes this.
  15. Keith of Sonoma

    Keith of Sonoma Certifiable

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2014
    Messages:
    1,694
    Likes Received:
    693
    News to me as well!
     
  16. Tuan

    Tuan Slightly Crazed

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2013
    Messages:
    1,371
    Likes Received:
    275
    From whom did you hear this? What was their testing methodology? For instance, if they weren't using the Forged Metal, and were pissed that their armor broke every time... well, that's what is supposed to happen. The game has NEVER allowed 190 luck pieces without using the Forged Metal tool.