1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Making Gold/& template as a new player on Siege

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by morkani11, May 4, 2009.

1. morkani11

morkani11 Guest

I'm a returning player who origionally considered making a pure crafter. Bsmith/Mining/Armslore/Alchy/Tailor/Tink/Poison.

But as i've read the forums & got familliar with the ruleset on siege, I believe i'll have a difficult time running this, I prefer to be "self sufficient" & i don't believe I'll be able to get myself the leather to 1. train and 2. make leather armours since i would have no combat skills. I also think i'll have a difficult time filling BoD's from what i read on siege forums, it seems only a few people have a good stock of them, there's not much of a trading infrastructure.

SO, i'm rethinking my template, i'm considering pure tamer

animal taming/vet/animal lore, from here, should i compliment these skills with mage or music?, or can i be a viable player if i pick up tailor/(armslore?) or alchemy?

and the other part of the question, if i want to remain a viable player, what are the best way's of making money (not just mobs), lately i've taken to sheering sheep or collecting cotton, but there may be other options i haven't found in the forums, (i used to scribe & sell to the vendor on prod, & made good money, but i hear that's not available on siege)

I appreciate everyone putting up with my long posts, i try to be as descriptive as possible. & thank you for any hints/tips you might lavish on me :)
  2. Nabber

Nabber Guest

If you plan on being a crafter, you will want to get .1 tailoring and .1 smithing, lock them low and get bods to save while you stock up on mats. You can get 1 bod per skill per hour at .1

Personally I used magery to farm, taming takes around 4 skills to farm with, Taming Vet animal lore and magery for movement.

Wool and cotton make sense, Check out NEW, the guild will help you in more ways than you can possibly imagine.

If you get bods every hour they sell between 1K and 2.5k each (people use them for resets)

If you need a house for a base and are willing to work it off for mats/bods let me know and we can work something out.

Welcome to Seige

ICQ 271256
  3. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

May 12, 2008
  4. Critical Gaming

Critical Gaming Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 5, 2009
    110 lore
    80 vet
    120 tailor
    100 armslore
    100 mage
    100 hiding

Be an elf so you can ride a dog, then just use that and gather up resources to bod, or throw on a luck suit and do some lady mels. Hiding is good for siege if you don't plan on fighting.

only problem i forsee with bodding is getting bods, so i highly recommend gathering them while you work your other skills, then do tailoring last and fill/turn in. once you go through them and have a good collection, just buy the bods you need to get kits and sell those for gold.
  5. morkani11

morkani11 Guest

Thank you very much for your replies, this has really helped me determine the path i want to choose. I've actually taken a little bit from each of you.

I think i'll go

animal tamer 100
    animal lore 100
    vet 100
    magery 100
    tailor 100
    arms lore 100
    blacksmith .1
    (i don't know weither to do eval or meditation to 100)

I think this setup will work well as i'm growing, i just see that i may have a problem when i get to endgame, but at that time i will have my soulstones up so i can make the changes i want to make. (i have 1 comming in 4 months, & i'll probably buy some from UO)

For gold I've already got a little seed money from a kind soul, and for now to make money, i'll take the advice with getting bsmith bod's and tailor bod's as well as continue making cloth (i'll need cloth myself neways for vet)

thank you again for your posts & assistance, if i could get an answer to the eval/med question i would appreciate (as well if there's a flaw in my plan)

thanks again :)
  6. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

May 12, 2008
  7. Nabber

Nabber Guest

With taming you should get med, eval won't do as much good, as you should be control slot maxxed.
  8. Nabber

Nabber Guest

and you will need 120 tailor, 110 taming and animal lore.
  9. morkani11

morkani11 Guest

i'm not sure what control slot is, but i will take the advice & use meditation
  10. Seikatein

Seikatein Guest

20 taming, lore, mage, vet, disco, music, make you a pvm god I can solo practically anything in the game with this template. Like said above if you want tailoring you will want 120 and if you plan on ruinning 100 taming you will have to always wear jewels if you expect to control a greater dragon.
  11. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 19, 2008
    Also, if you haven't yet, look into the NEW guild, even if you don't join them, Shalimar will give you some good advice for getting started.