1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Stratics is pleased to introduce a community Article Management System (AMS) to the forums! AMS allows users to contribute articles about profession templates, houses, pvp, or a variety of other topics. This is a great way to showcase your ideas that require more space than a typical thread. Our staff can also feature articles and promote threads into articles (when appropriate). We are pretty excited about this feature and hope you will be too. It will allow the community another way to express themselves and contribute to the growth of the game and community! For information on how to submit an article, read this article.
  3. We've put our heads together to simplify the Rules of Conduct (ROC) from 23 items down to 8. We hope that the new ROC will be more intuitive and easier to remember. This should also help us to improve our moderation by focusing on fewer items. We are always striving to make Stratics better and to encourage communication and participation. We think that you'll be happy for this improvement. Thanks for being here.

[Imbuing] Making items for unraveling to Relic Fragments (new thread)

Discussion in 'Craftsman's Data Chest' started by Basara, May 31, 2010.

1. AngelOz

AngelOz
    Expand Collapse

used up other gems I had and just tried getting relics from:

Butcher's War Cleaver (15 made)
    Guardian Axe (9 made)
    True War Cleaver (13 made)

Not one relic returned... Only enchanted essence, :( Bah!

115 imbuing, human, using Ter Mur public forge, Bronze Runic, DC ingots... And gold ingots when i ran out of DC.

2. Percivalgoh

Percivalgoh
    Expand Collapse
    Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I wish I had known what you were doing as using a bronze runic I made 5 guardian axes from DC =zero relics, 5 true war cleavers = zero relics, 5 twinkling simitars gold ingots = 1 relic fragment. (this is with a gargoyle 120 imbuing at the queens forge.)

3. AngelOz

AngelOz
    Expand Collapse

Im wondering if i should have tried to do another imbue on the axes and true war cleavers before unravelling... Perhaps that might have made a diff?

N/m. Time to go mining i guess to find some perfect emeralds.... Least those and knight war cleavers yield relics.

You think there would be some other way though, other than unravvelling arti's *hehe*.

*kicks self for selling a bunching of artis dirt cheap*

4. Gorbs

Gorbs
    Expand Collapse
    Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Don't imbue the ML crafted weapon. It gets hit by a penalty taking it to 70% intensity for unravels once imbued. This, as documented earlier in the thread, probably nullifies your attempt to get relics.

5. Percivalgoh

Percivalgoh
    Expand Collapse
    Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I made with bronze runic and gold ingots 5 silver etched maces and got 3 relics.

6. TheMac

TheMac
    Expand Collapse

i just made 350 true war cleavers and unraveled 300 relics and about 400 EE. i used bronze runic and dc ingots. Brilliant amber is much cheaper then perfect emeralds so it works out to making the same amount of money on selling relics.

7. Basara

Basara
    Expand Collapse
    UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Brilliant amber - "cheaper"?

In my experience it's 2x5 times more expensive, on my shard, as there's so few people logging that the majority of colored wood comes from vet reward tree stumps.

8. TheMac

TheMac
    Expand Collapse

Way cheaper on chessy brilliant amber- 100k for 10 Per. Emes - 800k for 10

9. rscozz

rscozz
    Expand Collapse

any chance to make relifc with cheaper runic hammer? bronze is way way too expesive, is there a change to do it with shadow or even cheaper DC runic hammer?

10. immortalsinsoul

immortalsinsoul
    Expand Collapse
    Visitor

From all this it sounds was easier to farm 5k lol. On atlantic u can buy yhem for 5-12k. Reading how to get relic frags made my head hurt lol.

11. BeaIank

BeaIank
    Expand Collapse
    Slightly Crazed
    Premium

This all was before Neo Shame loot.
    After Neo Shame loot, you can hit Shame/Wrong/Covetous level 3 and 4, kill a bunch of high end foes and get a lot of relics from unravelling. :)

12. Duke_Hammerfest

Duke_Hammerfest
    Expand Collapse
    Adventurer

Just curious....but are Relic fragments THAT hard to get that you gotta try to craft them ? everytime I farm mud eles for loot I pick up everything they drop , unravel and I get like 25-50 fragments per play session on a slow day

13. Tuan

Tuan
    Expand Collapse
    Lore Keeper

I'm with you @Duke_Hammerfest . When I go hunting for UEVs, I loot pretty much everything and pull down probably around 100 relics in an hour when I get the statue bonus. Without I suppose it drops down to 75 or so perhaps.

14. BeaIank

BeaIank
    Expand Collapse
    Slightly Crazed
    Premium

Well, as I said, they aren't now.
    But before the neo-shame loot was rolled in, they were quite hard to get, so you had to craft them. Very little loot other than some artifacts would unravel into relic fragments.

CorwinXX likes this.
  15. CorwinXX

CorwinXX
    Expand Collapse
    Babbling Loonie

Relic was 50-100k per one... imbuing any relic mod (LMC, HCI, etc) was pretty expensive)
    with neo-shame loot relic is easy to get