1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Mallas Mall Auction (IDEA)

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Fanta(Siege), Jan 27, 2009.

1. Fanta(Siege)

Fanta(Siege) Guest

Hello everyone I'm thinking about hosting a auction at the mallasmall!
    id like to hear if people would come or volunteer for positions to find out if its worth holding it!

I will need 10 guards 5 for the auction room 2 for the door and 3 for the whole house!

please let me know who would come if it were to be held
    There will be a door drawing from multiple books with single person names in them that will be mixed and randomly drawn!
    the door prize is undecided but will most likely be an item of value over 100k

Thanks everyone! :D
  2. archite666

archite666 Guest

Interesting, though if you do it right ,and by right, I of course mean, do it how prodo does it, if you havent seen it yet, I think ice cove auctions on lake austin is still up and running, definitly one of the best auctions ever, anyway if you do it like that, you will have no need for guards.

Basicly, have auction room on second or third story, with whatever tile that you cant teleport on, then make an enclosed section with boxes of stuff a table to lock stuff down on, and a teleporter pad to another level with an enclosed area with a vendor, you could even make all teleporter pads to the vendor level "friends only" that way when someone wins something, you friend them, they use the pad, and go to the "vendor level" buy their item and gate out and then unfriend them, this way is a little more time consumer but more safe.

If you have any questions just ask or check out most good auction houses on prodo, I used to love auctions and will definitly attend.
  3. Fanta(Siege)

Fanta(Siege) Guest

I will take this to mind and recustomize it a bit more like this!
    also my need for guards was incase a guild decided they would like to get some nice items and came around to kill everyone coming or leaving. was hoping it wouldnt be a problem but guards would still be something i would like to have for the safety of buyers.
  4. Reginus

Reginus Guest

I toyed with the idea myself. I thought of maybe having a room with items on display and bulletin boards to function as week long auctions, trading done on vendors or arranging a meeting with ICQ. Another option was using the many theaters around in town guard zones to do live auctions. Whatever you decide, I would like to help you any way I can, as I too would love to see auctions on Siege.