1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Man, custom carpets are pretty annoying..

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Uvtha, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Can place things on top of them... thus, quite lame. If you want to place something on top of a carpet tile, you have to lift the tile up, lock the item down, raise it, and any other items on the spot 2 tiles, THEN put the carpet back down, then lower everything. Oh and it seems like if there's a painting poking up from a lower floor, that raises the carpet 1 tile, so you have to go take the painting down, then follow the above steps, then go lock the paining down once again.

I was excited to have this addition, but since its such a giant pain to deal with, Im just going to stick with my old 3x3 heritage carpets sadly.

Its nice that they didn't want to make them cost us extra lockdowns, but they really should just be like rubble carpet, which I have and use in my home.

2. kittykat

kittykat Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I suppose it'd be too exploitive, but I do wish you could raise and lower them with an interior decorator

3. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

also you now have the alternative of using goza mats that no longer have that different colored edge .... one solid color, very nice for carpeting and none of the issues of the carpet tiles

4. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It just sucks cause I was looking forward to using some of the more elaborate carpet tiles in my home, which as some may know, has crap on like every square inch of floor that I move around almost daily, so Its just not an option for me. Oh well.

5. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Just take your time and do it slowly if you can't take it all at once.

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Um.... That's just.... sick....

7. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Am I the only person that doesn't purposefully put innuendo in what I say, anymore? I meant exactly what I said and nothing more.

8. Vhyle

Vhyle Guest

All the more reason to create innuendo from what you said! :pint:

9. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

yes it is annoying
    this is how I do it place the carpet down, take a goza mat (with a border on it the one without the border goes under the carpet ) place it on top of the carpet raise it once or twice place what I want on that spot and axe the goza mat.