1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mandatory client patch...FAILED

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Spellbound, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Starting patch session...

Transferring patch information

Downloading patch uosa_win32_7-0-15-0.rtp( 285 bytes )

Downloading patch uosa_win32_7-0-15-0.pat( 13 bytes )

Downloading patch uosa_win32_7-0-15-0.rtp( 285 bytes, resuming )

Downloading patch uosa_win32_7-0-15-0.pat( 13 bytes, resuming )

Applying patch patch\uosa_win32_7-0-15-0.rtp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH Version 7.00 - RTPatch(R) Professional - Software Update System
    DOS/16-bit Windows/32-bit Windows Edition

(C) Copyright Pocket Soft, Inc., 1991-2002. All Rights Reserved.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- Processing Patch File -----

client.exe

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'client.exe'

error ept0036:

Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was
    found. No update done since file contents do not match.

Error applying patch

Error during session

Your client may not be the most recent version.
    You may be able to play the game with your current client.
    Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
    Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.

Need help on fixing this. What is error ept0036 and how do I correct without deleting and reinstalling the classic client? Is the terminology "mandatory" something new?

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Go into the UO folder, and run patch.exe as administrator. For some reason, I've had better luck running patch.exe directly, rather than the client executable.

3. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Emptied patch folder and then tried your suggestion, but still giving me an error.

4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

5. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ok fixed it; and here's what I did. With Windows 7 OS, I right clicked the Ultima Online 2D client folder and clicked on "Restore previous versions". Tried one from a week ago. Rebooted the pc, and ran the uo.exe again with run as admin. This time no error...yay.

6. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Thanks for posting the solution. *bookmarks*

7. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

It's clear what the problem was. Your client.exe file was corrupt/altered/wrong version/etc. Your restoration brought back a good file and you were able to patch. With only one file being changed by this latest patch it made the issue completely clear.

8. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Does anyone know if there is a simular process for Windows XP? I tried to right click and restore previous version, but that option isn't available for me.

9. Talula

Talula Guest

I don't have a backup to restore from, what am I supposed to do to get my client running?

10. BahamaMama

BahamaMama Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This worked for me. Thanks for the fix!

- Saf

11. Nails

Nails Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i swear this is a windows 7 thing. again... here comes the manditory patch and i get it on my xp computer without issues and run as admin on my windows 7 computer and it fails. this is so ridiculous. I hate to add to all the pancakes posts here but this issue is just wrong. It seems that the newest windows is just hating my involvement in uo

and no back up to use

12. If all else fails, just download a new client and run it. Please delete the old one tho.
    If/when this fails for me, running XP, I just empty the "patch" folder, and restart the client.
    That backup restore thing is a windows 7 issue, as they didnt patch up as "admin" so the stupid thing made a copy and now it recognizes it as a copy, which doesnt match the original so its just not gonna happen.
    Of course this needs addressing, as a patch should be made with windows 7 in mind and "remind" those that they need to be in "admin" mode when patching.
    All ea has to do is code a "continue" button on their patch window instead of it automatically just patching and that would give windows 7 users a chance to back out when they see a patch is needed and get into admin mode first.

Of coures, this may require more coding know-how than the current bunch of coders can handle, seeing as how they handle the "bugs" and the creation of more of em!!
    Sorry code team, call it like I see it!!:(

13. Did you get "pro" 7?
    Can run in XP mode if ya did.
    Sorry, if ya didnt.