1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Many collections seem to be going on the market...

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Kylie Kinslayer, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I have been on a brief hiatus here lately and just am starting to get back into game some. Since coming back I have seen quite a few threads for price checks and sales of really large collections. From the collector standpoint (was not going to ask in Uhall and get TONS of gloom and doom type responses) is there a reason behind this? Or is it all just coincidence that this many seem to be going on at once?

2. Decadence

Decadence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I have seen a lot of collectors sell out to have a fresh restart on a new collection for fun. I don't think I have seen more collections on the market than usual. I have also helped sell out collections only for the collector to start a new collection again seen firsthand, so I don't foresee any doom and gloom =)

If anything I have also seen a lot of new collectors surface, which is always a welcome and refreshing.

#2 Decadence, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  3. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

It's just the normal ebb and flo :)

Flutter and Assia Penryn like this.
  4. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

Good deal. That's what I was hoping... but you miss a few months around here and you can miss a TON of news lol.

5. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

This.
    Seems to go in cycles.

6. Nails Warstein

Nails Warstein Rares Festival Silent Auctioneer
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron Ultima Broker

Also you must consider, there are so many rares to choose from, there will always be plenty of rares to trade, buy and sell. There are easily over 1000 different Event Items ranging from 1 of 1 to 100+ of the same kind of rare and there are over 100 server birth / non-spawning type rares with no known quantity of each. Players can sell their collection all year long, and still have plenty of rares left over to sell. Compared to a few years ago, I think there fewer collections/items being posted for sale when you compare the surge in number of rares, with few being actually sold.

7. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

That all being said I would love to talk to all the ebbers so I can help manage the flo ;)

8. yardman

yardman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

lol Nabin

Lord Nabin likes this.
  9. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I recognized, as soon summer hits in, collections get posted more than usual for sale - as soon summer is over and fall/winter hits in, everybody and his dog wants to buy rares hehe ;)

10. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I personally am shifting my collection in a new direction with the idea of redesigning my home. As such I am getting rid of some of my rares and condensing others into a smaller collection (like my roses... trying to get down to about 100 of my absolute favorites). I display my collection worked into the decor of my home rather than on display cases, pedestal like a standard museum... if I can't work it into the design than most of the time I usually don't keep it if it is a large ticket item.

Queen Arya likes this.
  11. Queen Arya

Queen Arya Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
    Governor Stratics Veteran

Welcome Back Kinslayer- you were missed!
    The Crux is back and we now have a baby dragon to raise
    Plus we have the Kings council from all the towns-still getting a handle on that
    See you game