1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Many thanks to the UO team from a Japanese player

Discussion in 'UHall' started by athos_uo, Aug 14, 2010.

1. athos_uo

athos_uo Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Many thanks to the UO team from a Japanese player for implementing features that Japanese players have been looking forward to:
    - implementing an option to toggle displaying item names in Japanese or in English
    - updating Treasure hunting

I know that there have been various proposals on updating Treasure hunting and it is not only me that suggested randomizing Treasure map spots. These changes with updating loots of treasure chests makes Japanese players happy and go T-hunting oftener. I'm not a representative for Japanese players but I appreciate your efforts for updating T-hunting very much.

And Japanese players have been looking forward to implement of an option to toggle displaying item names in Japanese or in English since EA Japan made a decision to start changing item localization(from English to Japanese) in March of the last year. This is a great feature. I personally used to set language English when using CC since then, so I felt sometimes difficultiy in identifying items while speaking with other Japanese players. The new feature implemented at this time has resolved the problem.

Thanks again, Cal and devs! It makes me very happy to know that you really hear from us.

2. Chrome

Chrome Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

"Show item names in English" is helpful for me.
    Thank you very much.

3. SOLA

SOLA Visitor

Agreed.