1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

March 20th, 9-ish a.m. PDT, TC3 going offline (Updated!)

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by Guest, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

...for an update! Yay!

We don't expect downtime to be longer than an hour. Please keep an eye out on the blog for version notes.

Edited to correct the date.

11:18 Update: We're having a major issue with our internal test server. We need to fix that bug and make that build stable before we're comfortable to bring it out for you guys to test.

I'll keep you guys update!

4:44 Update: Because EA-Land is taking longer than expected, we're going to hold off on updating TC3 until tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. PDT.

2. am???? 1 too many Rum and cokes???? LOL

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Or advance notice for tomorrow and the date is wrong?

4. VitArm

VitArm Guest

And when do you plan on merging more cities?

5. Carter'

Carter' Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

There arnt many more citys to be merged BF

6. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]More cities? How many more of them are there to merge?

7. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]More cities? How many more of them are there to merge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Blazing Falls and possibly Betaville. Maybe he thinks there'll be "lost cities" added to the map?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

"Poster: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: March 18th, 11-ish a.m. PST, TC3 going offline

...for an update! Yay!

We don't expect downtime to be longer than an hour. Please keep an eye out on the blog for version notes. "

I think since tomorrow is our normal update day (Wednesday) this was just an advance posting of the fact that the city would be going down. Does seem a little premature though since the city isn't going down till mid-morning PST and not early in the morning, but maybe Parizad needs sleep, which would account for the fact that the date is wrong on the post *and* for the fact that it's posted so early if she plans on sleeping past 11am her time [​IMG]

*scratches head*

[/ QUOTE ]

9. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Or advance notice for tomorrow and the date is wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed!

My bad. [​IMG]

10. Maybe you were for once thinking of us in New Zealand, Australia, Singapore etc....... [​IMG] LOL

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Please note, I've updated the original post.

12. NightFlyer

NightFlyer Guest

Hopefully you will remove any exploited money and not leave any extra in like before.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Hopefully you will remove any exploited money and not leave any extra in like before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... hopefully.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

15. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... hopefully.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this why the games like still down... [​IMG]

16. hollythor

hollythor Guest

Um, wow..haven't been to tc3 in ages...I like the new log in screen. Is that so we take what pics we want including cc pics and can put them there? If so, sweet, if not...um, what is that all about? LOL

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Ea land is still down I'm going thru withdrawl, is there an eta?

18. Argh, I can never find the post regarding this issue, so can someone tell me what to put in the "target" bar for the shortcut to the EA Client to play in both windows mode and to see all 6 sims in TC3? I'd appreciate it.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

its exactly identical except for instead of CSCity:EA Land its CSCity:TC3

20. Guest

Guest Guest

This is the thread in Game advise for running two instances. Link.

21. Guest

Guest Guest

For TC3 you need to add this: "-CSCity:Test Center 3" to your target line, in the client shortcut properties.

22. <blockquote><hr>

For TC3 you need to add this: "-CSCity:Test Center 3" to your target line, in the client shortcut properties.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, thank you so much; "TC3" was not working for me. [​IMG]

23. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh I double checked after reading this and I did in fact have to change it to Test Center 3. Somebody else had posted "TC3" and that's how it stuck in my mind but looking back on it I do remember having to elongate it to Test Center 3. Too little sleep, not enough coffee and a long evening ahead yet and still. Mea culpa! [​IMG] LOL

24. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh I double checked after reading this and I did in fact have to change it to Test Center 3. Somebody else had posted "TC3" and that's how it stuck in my mind but looking back on it I do remember having to elongate it to Test Center 3. Too little sleep, not enough coffee and a long evening ahead yet and still. Mea culpa! [​IMG] LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries! I appreciated the help anyhow. I should've had the common sense to try the full name, but I too am in need of a few more hours of sleep and a nice pot of coffee. We can take turns napping and brewing up caffeine. Deal? [​IMG]

25. Guest

Guest Guest

Sleep and caffeine are at a premium today, how bout someone pass me the flask instead?

26. <blockquote><hr>

Sleep and caffeine are at a premium today, how bout someone pass me the flask instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to sleep deprivation, how may I be of service?

[​IMG]

27. Guest

Guest Guest

omg omg omg omg betaville is here too!!!! go team go!

28. Guest

Guest Guest

What I really want is a great big Rock Star, guava flavor please. [​IMG]

29. Guest

Guest Guest

They do not make a smiley with a big enough smile, for this occasion. I never lost hope in the devs making this happen. Thank you all so much!

30. Thank you for reminding me! These precious things are in my fridge:

[​IMG]

31. Guest

Guest Guest

*jealous*

32. Guest

Guest Guest

Please note the original post was updated.

33. Sims2

Sims2 Guest

this money exploit did it affect jobs to as that simoleans would be wiped to right? just wanted to know if it affected the jobs at all.

34. Isimsalotta

Isimsalotta Guest

<blockquote><hr>

What I really want is a great big Rock Star, guava flavor please. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Niki,

You are in Luck!! I have one in my fridge! Bringing one to you right now [​IMG] Be there ASAP!

35. PB Three

PB Three Guest

My slot machines better be working when I get there!! JK :p

PB Three

36. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ][​IMG][​IMG]

37. Guest

Guest Guest

You are sweet as pie! What would I do without you? [​IMG]

*jealous of all Kats cool smilies*

38. The suspense is killing me. Can you, uh, inadvertently...misplace the upcoming version notes?

39. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

The suspense is killing me. Can you, uh, inadvertently...misplace the upcoming version notes?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

(Tee hee. That was fun!)

40. Well, in that case, you'll be seeing a ski mask in a hot minute.

41. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

You are sweet as pie! What would I do without you? [​IMG]

*jealous of all Kats cool smilies*

[/ QUOTE ][​IMG]

42. Isimsalotta

Isimsalotta Guest

My Pleasure!

This is more fun than a Barrel of Monkeys [​IMG] Sure glad it is Bingo Wednesday today, without that I would be lost at sea!

43. jafo1972

jafo1972 Guest

[quote4:44 Update: Because EA-Land is taking longer than expected, we're going to hold off on updating TC3 until tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. PST.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that 9 am PST or 9 am PDT? Remember daylight savings was a couple weeks ago.

44. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[quote4:44 Update: Because EA-Land is taking longer than expected, we're going to hold off on updating TC3 until tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. PST.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that 9 am PST or 9 am PDT? Remember daylight savings was a couple weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phooey! PDT.

45. Guest

Guest Guest

46. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Fixed!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats fixed .. cause its now 1130 pm An Ealand is still down lol

47. Guest

Guest Guest

Okay, so...

As stated previously, we won't take TC3 down while EA-Land is offline. Because I've posted in the other thread that EA-Land will be back up before noon, at this point, honestly, we don't know what time TC3 will go down, or even if it will go down this week.

Mods, will you please lock this thread? I'll make a brand spankin' new one tomorrow if we decide to take TC3 down. That way everyone won't be confused with all the updates.

Thanks guys!

...and with this, I'm outta here! Ooh look, 8 mins before midnight. It is still technically Wednesday! Goodnight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!