1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mark Jacobs' First "State of the Game" Address for Warhammer

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tina Small, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

2. love2winalot

love2winalot Guest

Quote: "Almost every career is going to see some changes and love coming their way and there are very, very few changes that will be seen as reductions to a career’s abilities." end Quote

They should have added, "Unlike UO, where we will Nerf certain skills to death".

3. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Mark seems to have an interesting style of mixing shameless spin with forthright mea culpas.

I don't like blaming Warhammer for any perceived ills here - I choose to believe that EA can walk and chew gum at the same time if they so choose.

4. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Very astute observation.

5. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I'll have to agree with you on this too, but personally I don't Like Mark Jacobs. Remember right before WAR launched UO had no in game support because they were all pulled to WoW for the weekend? His speech telling Gold Farms they could go to hell....Tactless. Man might be a good game designer but I don't see him as being someone who's view and demeanor I'd enjoy working under. If Warhammer continues to Boom, and it was a choice of Drop UO and move it's funding to Warhammer or Warhammer having to scrape by, I wouldn't doubt which choice he'd choose. I've done a little reading into DAoC and they are having the same issues, seems Warhammer is the focus right now, their GM support is awful and subscriptions are in decline. Oh that's right isn't Mark the one that did that bit about how all MMO's eventually go into a "Zombie Mode"..........