1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Marked Rune naming - That is inappropriate?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fogsbane, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Fogsbane

Fogsbane Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am trying to label some marked runes and, when trying to place a label of "overpass" - "passage" - or "compassion", I'm getting a "That is inappropriate." message. I'm 99% sure I had used these same labels recently with success, a few weeks ago?

My obscenity filter looks to be off, and this happens on test and 'regular' shards (Drachenfels, Siege).

Anything else to try?
    Am i overlooking something?
    Do i use creative spelling for compa5zion from now on?

if this is answered elsewhere - please excuse my ignorance - i didn't see it.

2. Adol

Adol Certifiable

They all contain the word "ass" and will thus be censored I'm afraid. I had the same problem with "Compassion" as a vendor name, and the only way around it was to use Alt codes for an accented "a".

3. Fogsbane

Fogsbane Seasoned Veteran

Thanks for the alt code accented 'a' suggestion.

I was hoping I had done something differently and forgot. I have only been able to mark runes on Siege for the last month or so, and I do have a rune labeled "Compassion" (which must have been created somewhat recently) - so I believe something has changed (for me at least) since late May.

4. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran

I used to sell assassin suit pieces and had same problem.

5. Lyconis

Lyconis Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Not that it is any consolation, but one of the words that gets you banned still works on runes! Well, that is, as long as the preceding word is not butt. :popcorn:

I'm was doing "leet speak" on my runes (Compassion = Compa$$ion). However the accents are great. I like Alt+0229 which results in CompÄssion, seems semi fitting for a shrine with the little "o" over the "a".

6. Bethany_lg

Bethany_lg Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I am forced to sail the seas on "Beth's [email protected] Boat". Seems silly but it works.

Is it really even a bad word anymore?

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Consider that UO is a game made in the US, and the irony of "Constitution" being an inappropriate word for most uses (like a pet, and probably runes as well) from the 5th-7th letters.....