1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Lumberjacking] Marking Colored spots w/ runebook question.

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by jp78, May 29, 2009.

1. jp78

jp78 Guest

Ok, gm'd lumberjacking and wanted to mark runebooks for the different colors.

I got a full yew and heartwood that I found and marked personally. As I kept going back to most of the spots I marked, the trees did not yield the same color. Most times differing to oak or ordinary boards.....

Whats up with that? I've been gone for 2years so did something change? Is it even worth trying to mark runebooks for colors these days?

2. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

Yes. There's no point in marking spots permanently anymore; all collectible resources like ore and logs are on a random cycle; every time you chop/mine, there's a chance that the tree/vein will change to another type. It's supposed todiscourage scripters by making it impossible to mine one spot for valorite endlessly. ;) What you CAN do is mark high-yield spots... They'll keep cycling, and you'll always have high-yield whatever you get.

3. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker Guest

It sucks, true, But it made the "rare" resources rare again.
    It also brought the value of the rare resources back to acceptable levels, for those of us who mine/chop the honest way (actually attending the process, not the overnight unattended scripts).
    Just as Dragonchilde suggested, mark the high yeilders. It pays off in the long run.

4. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It's tougher to do with LJ than with mining, but try to mark the high percentage return trees, for example if you find an oak that give 200 oak/300 wood total that would be a 66% return tree and not bad. So if it ever turns into frostwood it'll be a great frost giver. You might find a tree that gives you 400 regular wood but only 20 ash and thats just terrible, unless you need regular wood for some reason.

I'm not personally going back to LJ (not for any extended chopping sessions) untill they give us some way of upgrading trees or being able to tell what they are quickly and without doing 4 to 6 chops, or having to chop them out so we don't miss a resource tile. It's way too much of a hassle, and wood really isn't needed like ore is anyways, so I prefer to spend my resource gathering time mining.

5. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

Yes and no, some feel a spot that yields colors tend to always yields colors of some level. But I have had special trees that have stayed on a particular color for a few months now.