1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Masks and clean up?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Trinny, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Trinny

Trinny Guest

I have tons of Halloween masks from the last even, does anyone know if I should sell/trash them, or save them for potential clean up points?

2. lupushor

lupushor Guest

When you single click any trash barrel (or at least the luna trash bin) you will get an option "Appraise for clean-up" - select it then click on any item you want to verify. You will see it's value for the ongoing clean-up. As for future clean-ups.....that's a bet you will have to make on your own.

ps. I love your name.

3. Your call, Cochise. I doubt they are going to be worth anything at all, since everyone went nuts and hoarded this pointless item by the dozens. As for clean-up point, I expect you're looking at 3-4 years before they are worth anything in that regard.

My advice? Keep em till you need the space, and when you are reaching capacity, dump em in the trash.

I collected the Holiday Busts by the bushel when they came out and hoarded them away, I had like 2 chests worth. I was thinking if I waited long enough, they would be worth something.

Years and years passed, and six years later they still weren't worth crap. They were usually going for like 5k, if that. I threw out a bunch of them, but still held on to a few dozen just in case. It was vindicated, of course, with this last clean up, where the busts were worth a good deal.

4. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not to depose my esteemed fellow posters here ...

But there is a market for many of the masks. The lower tier masks are not going for much but the higher lvls do go for a few mill on Atlantic at the auctions. There are collectors who need a few to complete sets so its not exactly worthless....

Double check the market value on Atlantic.... you might be surprised the worth.

5. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

The same could be asked of the gifts for Valentine's Day 2012.

6. Now this is folly.

The white holiday bells or the gargoyle holiday statues were highly sought after but they at least LOOKED different.

In my opinion, anyone spending millions on an item that looks precisely the same as a multitude of worthless items, the ONLY difference being the text tag, is throwing away money foolishly.

But, as Adam Smith once said, "The true value of any item is not its practicality, but instead what the purchaser is willing to pay for it."