1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Max spellweavers in an arcane cirfcle?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by MrMiagi, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMiagi

MrMiagi Guest

I always thought this was 4 players max in an arcane circle, I just saw someone talk of their damage with a level 6 focus, wouldn't a level 6 focus require 6 players? Am I not understanding this correctly?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

It is 5 players under normal circumstances, however, if you go to Prism of Light dungeon you can get 6 players in the circle for a level 6 focus.

3. I have a feeling this is another thread thats soon to get moved.

You + 4 other people on a regular circle can get you a level 5 focus.
    You + 4 other people on the circle in the healer room in Prizm of Light can get you a level 6 focus. It bumps it one level, it costs you 10k to enter Prizm.

You don't need any extra people in Prizm it's 5 including you.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes but it doesn't matter if you have anyone at all with you in prism you still get the extra level. So if you go alone you get a 2 if you got with anyone else it becomes you + them +1.

Other than prism the max you can get is 5 and the number you get is exactly the number of players on the circle within the allowed amount of spellweaving skill.

5. MrMiagi

MrMiagi Guest

So with prism and 5 players how long will the focus last for? 6 or 7 hours?

Will that also mean with a level 6 focus you would get 60% or 70% spell damage increase from arcane empowerment?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

You don't need any extra people in Prizm it's 5 including you.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Cool, I didn't know that. [​IMG]

7. Guest

Guest Guest

36000 seconds is max, and you can have as many people ON the circle as are willing to be there, but the highest focus you will get is a 6. I have seen 8 chars on the circle at a time, all got a lv 6 focus.

8. MrMiagi

MrMiagi Guest

Does anyone know a good place to farm spellweave spell scrolls? I'm trying swoops, loads dead so far, no scrolls dropped atall.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, if swoops aren't working for you ... try something else?

(hint: it's not just bosses that have the scrolls)

10. Guest

Guest Guest

RTLFC

I don't mean to start trolling, but, does anybody see the similarity between Mr. Miagi and mookin1 from a little while back? Same type of questions that could be answered themselves with a minimum of research, and posted in the wrong forum. I'm just sayin'.

11. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

I don't mean to start trolling, but, does anybody see the similarity between Mr. Miagi and mookin1 from a little while back? Same type of questions that could be answered themselves with a minimum of research, and posted in the wrong forum. I'm just sayin'.

[/ QUOTE ]Good Call! The last time mookin1 logged in was on 2/21/08 at 6:49am. MrMiagi registered on 2/21/08 at 7:06am. [​IMG]

That's funny because I was thinking along the same lines.

I'm glad to see the u.Hall moderators moving MrMiagi's post to the correct forum. Thanks guys!

12. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Note:

Humans can do the Spellweaving quest, and afterward use JOAT to cast as if 20 skill. It also means that they can get 4 non-spellweavers into a circle (etc.) and get a level 5 focus (6 in prism).

With the completed quest and the proper spells in book, Humans can cast
    Arcane Circle
    Nature's Fury
    Gift of Renewal
    Immolating Weapon
    Attunement
    Thunderstorm

I know from personal experience in Doom, a level 4 or 5 focus produces an incredible Gift of renewal, even cast by a person using just their JOAT. This is on the order of 8-10 HP every 2 seconds, plus an unreal duration (The duration is normally 50 seconds or 1 minute, for just the 20 skill (would be 5 minutes at 120 SW), but you get +1 minute per focus level).

The hard part is getting the non-spellweavers onto a pentagram down there for the focus, but they're a heck of a lot more common than people with points in the skill (a human can use people with either 0-20 or 0-40 skill - not had a chance to test yet)

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Due to some remarks, I am locking this thread.

Mr. Miagi, please read your PMs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.