1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Max times a pet can be transferred?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by gortman, May 11, 2010.

1. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I remember reading that a pet can have a maximum of three or four owners in its lifetime. For argument's sake, let's say the max is three. Does this mean that the pet can be transferred an unlimited number of times between the same three characters, or can the pet only be transferred a total of three times?

Thanks for the help!

2. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I don't believe that it matters anymore. I think a pet can be transferred an infinite number of times now, but if you are going to make a game play decision based on that information you'd better have it confirmed by someone else who knows more than I do.

3. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

The question came to mind when I was thinking about pet training. I was imagining the scenario where one character tames a pet they want to hunt with but doesn't have the time/desire to train the pet. So they transfer the pet to a trainer, the trainer works the pet up to max skills, and then the tamer receives the pet back from the trainer. The pet dies a few times and loses some skills, so the hunter tamer occasionally goes back to the trainer to get the pet back up to max skills. Just wondering if this is possible.

4. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I can't see that presenting any problems. I am quite sure that there are no limits on transferring pets anymore.

5. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I've transferred a few of my pets back and forth a lot without any ill effect so you should be fine Gortman :)

Wenchy

6. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks a lot for the info friends! Good to know that I don't have to worry. :)

7. Meanmuggin

Meanmuggin Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Its if the pets becomes untamed you can only retame them 3 times, because it requires more skill to tame the pet after they are released or untame because of their mood.

im pretty sure thats the only time that comes into affect.

8. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I'm sure I just got the two things (transferring and retaming) scrambled in my brain. Thanks for clearing that up. :)