1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

maybe hacked

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kith Kanan, May 29, 2008.

1. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

anyone got a uo phone number where i get to speak with a person i think one of my accounts got hacked , and Jerry's email would be nice too

2. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

EA Support
    1-866-543-5435

Good luck!

3. Sheridan

Sheridan Guest

jdalberg (at) ea (dot) com

4. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

thx , and I tried that number i get some automated **** that keeps refering to some webpage , tried the euro one too , but thats the same , need to talk to a live person :(

5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'm told that if you speak the word 'billing' the autobot goes away and you get a warm, breathing EA rep..... I've never tried it, myself

keep us posted, and good luck

6. Lord Richard

Lord Richard Guest

if all your gold is gone, and your artys are missing, your chars out dead somewhere in Fel, your house is sold...that's a pretty good indication you got hacked...but if they really want to be pricks, they just change your password, and let you watch from one of your other accounts while they destroy all you worked for. You call for a GM but, alas, you are # 50 in que and they aren't answering any pages that day.

7. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

my account then billing , thx

8. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

not much gold on the account , and I revoked accesse to my main houses where my stuff is stored , looks like a classic scam , think I got hosed by a previous owner , my fault for not using safe xfer of account , but ill make sure peopel know he is a scammer....

9. packrat

packrat Guest

If you buy an account from someone and you dont transfer it over to your name then technically its still his account. All he has to do is call billing and give him the account information and take it back over and there is nothing you can do about it.
    A lot of people don't know this.
    If you buy an account make sure you get it transfered into your name.

10. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

11. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

Had changed the name , e-mail and the billing info , and even just added 6 months of gametime , but yes apparently he can re-claim it anyways , got the 6 months gametime refunded thou , still annoying as hell , but now I get to bad mouth him on the entire european server.....

12. Razz

Razz Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think anyone can reclaim an account after 30 days if the account info has been changed. Can anyone elaborate on this?

13. DVI

DVI Guest

If you do not use EA's account transfer program then the previous owner at any point in time can call and claim they have been hacked and recieve the account back.

14. packrat

packrat Guest

It happened to my friend. she bought an account and paid real cash. she played it a week or so and had an emergency in the family. came back 3 weeks later and the person she bought it from re-claimed the account because they had the original code from when they purchased the game. Nothing she could do about it.
    So, if you are going to buy accounts from people you don't know. Pay the little bit extra to transfer it into your name.

15. Mankind

Mankind Guest

Game time is the culprit here. If you buy an account, and bind it with your credit card number. As long as it's being paid for by you, the original owner can NOT get it back with a simple phone call.

16. Hanna

Hanna Guest

Chances are as likely that both the OP and your firend bought accounts that already had been hacked and sold to you by the hacker.

17. thats not true at all. Im not going to get into details as i dont want to give anyone info on how to scam someone.

Pay the $30 to get the account changed over to you if you buy one. The org owner can get the account back if you dont.

I can say 100% that it doesnt matter if you pay for the account for 30 or 60 days they can get it back. with out doing the xfer theres no proof you own the account that you bought, traded for, was given to you.

~Blade

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!