1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Medusa Key Gathering

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Deception, May 17, 2010.

1. Deception

Deception Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oct 25, 2004
    So I went down to collect keys to do a Medusa for the first time ever... and after 30-45 minutes of running around activating every snake pit until it disappeared, I came up with zero eggs. Looked all over ground and nothing.

Am I missing something here?

The way I understand it is that by doing this, the eggs will appear on the ground near the pit. Am I supposed to use a snake charming flute? I kinda assumed that I can't without music.

Thanks in advance
  2. You don't need music to use a snake charming flute, but you do need a flute if you want the eggs.
  3. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    And it helps a lot if you use a mage or stealther to collect the keys. There's something odd with the snakes targetting and losing their direction when charmed. Or you could accidentally kill the snake you're trying to charm. So not being seen by the snakes saves time and effort as well.

It usually takes me 10-15 minutes for a full set of eggs using my mages (I have no stealther).
  4. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 21, 2008
  5. The Music skill apparently gives some bonus but isn't necessary.
  6. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    If you don't have a Mage or stealther, you can always use invis pots. Using the flute is much faster than running around sticking your hand in the holes.
  7. BeefSupreme

BeefSupreme Guest

And gather the eggs with a character you're not gonna
    fight with again til after server down. Damn flutes still
    bug your characters attack. Or after gathering eggs you run through
    and kill every snake you charmed. Can't believe this hasn't
    been fixed yet.