1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Medusa/Slither drops ARE broken

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Airhaun, May 31, 2010.

1. Airhaun

Airhaun Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

It's been 30 days since my last post inquiring if the drop rates are broken and there has been no change.

I've talked to people who have done 100+ Medusas and still no Slither drop for them. There haven't been many for sale on the 'online website'; infact only 2 for weeks. I have personally done 40+ Medusas as well, I have friends who solo her with sampire templates.... no silthers.

So I see 2 possibilities:

1) The drop rate is indeed broken.

2) The drop rate is not broken and everything is working as the devs intended. 1 Slither per 100+ Medusa's and 1 Tangle per 60 or so Naverys.

Your thoughts?

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If the drop rates are that high, then they're just fine.

My own drop rate for Navery (I'm 0-for-about 10 on Medusa and anything except petrified snake and Medusa Blood) has been much much higher than that.

So since your post 30 days ago, and my reply 30 days ago, nothing has changed.

3. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

Took me a Day and a Half to get a Tangle (About 15 Naverys)

Its been 4 Weeks (About 75 Medusa) And *None* of us have seen a slither.

Who knows.

4. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Just because you aren't getting one doesn't make it broken. you're just unlucky on the roll. BTW, it being broken would mean they wouldn't drop, it dropping rarely and being broken are two different things.

5. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

I got a Slither a week or two back.

6. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

air it's not broken lol it's just super rare like the medusa TILE... crazy rare items.

7. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Huh, got that one too.

Granted after 100 renowned wyverns I can't get leggings, which is the only one I actually want. Suppose it evens out :lol:

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I got the Medusa Tile... I've yet to see a slither... but then I recall when Peerless first came out every single one of my friends had gotten at LEAST one if not 2 or 3 crimsons before I finally got mine on like our 500th Travesty run.... and we'd done at least that many LadyM's..... and I never ever got one.... And I did doom for YEARS before I got my first arty..... (which was a piece of S*** dragon lance which since they once again took out being able to imbue arties is still a Piece of S***)

9. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've still never gotten a crim ;( I've done enough Lady M for it too haha :)

10. Nails

Nails Journeyman

RNG just sux on these. My buddy got two slithers back to back medusas a week ago. i have gotten one in 140 medusas

11. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

That sucks :-( I got one on my Second ever Peerless run. Haven't seen one since....

I have gotten a Slither but that was weeks ago.....

12. RawHeadRex

Stratics Veteran

ya that took me about 30 renowned, but i've done literally hundreds of medusa's with friends and have never seen a slither or tile yet. so that means it's bound to happen any time now ! :thumbup1:

13. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

60+ Navreys doing massive amounts of damage and not a single drop :sad4:

14. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The only three crimson cinctures I ever got came from solo runs. Did 500+ Lady Melisande runs and not even a hair dye, first successful Dread Horn solo I got one, then I got two in a row a week later.

But that was over a year ago and not a thing since, so I ****ing hate the drop system in UO.

15. RawHeadRex

Stratics Veteran

I realize everyone is already aware of this but doing Mel's in Fel, should up the drop rate since everything is upped drop-wise there.

16. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

The problem with the theory that the drop rate is broken is this:

It's broken based on your personal expectations.

People continue to receive both items. Just because you get nothing does not mean something is broken. It just means you didn't get a drop. If no one was getting them, that'd be a whole different story.

17. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

This is kinda iffy. There's no real added danger in Fel Peerless. It's not like they can raid the Peerless instance while you're in it.

If so, a minor boost.

18. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Oooh, hate to break it to you, but you're no closer to getting anything than you were the first time :p

If the drop rate is 1 in 100, after you do 100 of them, the drop rate is still 1 in 100.
    Very easy to go 3x the average rate and not get anything. 5x is rarer, but still not unlikely too.

19. I don't know what the difference in drop rates for crimmies is; but I do know for certain that you get twice as much junk for killing Lady Melisande in Felucca. By junk I'm talking about the magic item loot, but I don't know how that reflects on special item drops. Haven't gotten a crimmy from Melisande in either location though.

20. RawHeadRex

Stratics Veteran

right

21. RawHeadRex

Stratics Veteran

not with THAT kind of attitude I'm not ... :p
    Navery is working well as of this morning, really well.

22. Nails

Nails Journeyman

Yeah.. you get tons more items on corpse but i do not think the special item drop is higher just the amount of loot on the corpse

23. Nails

Nails Journeyman

Correct... I have awful luck but i know it is me not the system

24. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Hell, my only Crimmies came from MELISSA a couple years ago - and one of them (the first) was one that I found after the corpses combined, because two of the people in the fight said "event creatures only have junk on the corpse" and never looked. You better believe they started looting after I showed them the CC. Had only one of them said it, I'd have gave them the apron, but since neither looted, it could have been for only one of them, so it was their loss.

Yes, I really would have given it to the person if only one hadn't looted - I'm like that.....

25. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Thats the thing you need to do it solo or you might never see one. If it's a honor thing many friends won't even tell you they got one others won't notice.

26. Yea I agree it may not be broken but it seems odd that I play UO on 3 shards, I know alot of people, and nobody has gotten a slither.. I only know like 1 person who has got one out of the many people I know who have done countless Medusas.

I also check those "search sites" daily to get a slither checking them on all shards and literally never see one ever.

I'm not saying it's BROKEN but it does seem odd to say the least.

27. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

Even though the items are dropping, the drop rate can still be broken. Maybe the drop rate is supposed to be 1/100 but it was coded 1/1000 or something like that.

28. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

213 Navreys and no Tangle.
    40+ Medusas and no Slither (I haven't gotten a floor tile either nor has anyone I was with)
    I always just figured my account is broken hah.

29. RawHeadRex

Stratics Veteran

keep at it regarding navery. i like how you know exactly how many navery's you've done lol keep at it.