1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Meh

Discussion in 'UO Legends' started by Erekose, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Erekose

Erekose Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

A brief perusal of the forum shows me that there is even more angst and nastiness than when I left (due to health reasons).

It's a shame. It certainly doesn't make me want to come back. Ah well, cest la vie.

2. Blesh

Blesh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Good to see you're still around Erek. Hit me up on AIM sometime :)

3. Vyal

Vyal Guest

What was the point of that?

4. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

you should come back for a bit, fly around and make baskets and such

and not read the boards ;)

5. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

A good chunk of Legends is currently distracted by the SA beta :)

6. Caelas

Caelas Guest

I think the point of that was to say that you guys ***** at each other WAY too much on the forums. We could use more player generated discussion, more overall goodness, and a lot less bickering about who's the best at PvP and how much the other person sucks, whether or not people should deco the same, and how much tamers are OP.

Granted, yes a lot of people are wrapped up in the SA beta shard. Hell every time I jump on Vent my guild has at least one person in the beta shard yacking away about this or that. It's cool. However, I'm feeling a lull in player content. Contests, auctions, spawn events...there's something missing right now. These forums are reflecting that.

7. TMC Crowley

TMC Crowley Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Feel said Caelas :thumbsup:

8. RL'S pker

RL'S pker Sage
    Stratics Veteran

If it bothers you, stop reading any pvp related topic.

It's that simple.

Many of us enjoy the banter back and forth on who was/is the leet players, and who's the posers. Personally i hate all the RP, and little fairy type threads that go on. What do I do about it? I don't read or partake in those threads.

:next:

9. Caelas

Caelas Guest

You assume much. It's a game. Bothers is way too strong of a word. It's more along the lines of the same feeling you get watching kindergartners on the playground fussing about who's better at hopscotch. Who the **** cares? :next:

I'm willing to bet there's quite a few, perhaps more people than you'd assume that enjoy the storyline and interacting with other people. By the way, interacting doesn't always mean bashing someone's face in...or telling a GD to bash someone's face in. In fact, I'd bet that there's more overall interest on this shard in the events than what happens in Fel (minus spawns, of course).

In the end, each to their own. My earlier comments still stand. This forum is full of PvP "banter" and not much for the casuals, crafters, or PvM fighters.

10. RL'S pker

RL'S pker Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with you that there are a lot of posters who enjoy story telling. maybe you didn't fully understand what i was saying in my original post. I was stating that, because I don't enjoy the RP, i stay out of those threads. i don't make posts complaining about them, because i don't like them. I just don't participate.

I think there should be an unlimited amount of PVM/RP/PvP/OT threads on the Legends forums. There should never be restrictions on the Topics as long as you're not personally attacking anyone.

You can't build a community without diversity.

11. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

the problem with threads involving pvm is that short of it being a rp thread, an event thread(player or ea run) there is nothing for a pvmer to talk about that will raise excitement short of a controversial question.

PvP is endless excitement for those who partake and thus the threads receive a great deal of attention and zeal.

12. Damia TMC

Damia TMC Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome back Erekose, you've been missed, don't read the boards, come play.