1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Melee challenge

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by CorwinXX, May 25, 2014.

1. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Who can melee minions of scelestus?
    (Lethal poison, Breath Attack, Dismount, TLF aura)

Go to the south from Ter Mur moongate, enter a teleporter at the end of land (164° N 47° W).

2. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Have anyone tried it?

There are ideal test conditions:
    Just 1-2 min to run from the moongates (and you can mark a rune right near the teleporter).
    It's not difficult to make one to one fight.
    They don't chase you if you run away far enough. So you always can run away to heal and/or reorganize your attack.
    There is an ankh on the isle. So you can get resurrected in a few seconds if you make a fatal error.

My Classic Paladin melee it without much problem. I'm also going to make a wraith to test against this monster (I'm crafting a suit at the moment).

3. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Back then when that quest was still somewhat new, i used a plain samurai fencer to collect all the required books. Simple imbued gear.
    Template was 120 fencing , 120 bushido, parry ,healing, chiv,anat,tactics. Cannot remember exact numbers for other skills. Weapon was a demon slayer leafblade, think it had hla instead of di because that was more reliable.

But a few things have been different back then, potions weight was only 1 stone, cure pots and apples working on the first try, chiv only needed 60 points. But also no reforged equipment and you didnt get poison immunity from curing it with bandages.

4. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The reward book comes with 500 charges, what are they usefull for ?

5. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

If I remember correctly, they have that thing that corrupts leach effects. I want to say I tried it on my sampire back when they were first introduced and couldn't solo them because of the lack of ability to leach.

I did them on my 'you can't hit me' paladin. 4/6 casting, parry, evasion. It took a while though. His suit has damage eaters from when they weren't being counted as an imbued property.

6. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, TLF (tainted life force) aura corrupts your leaching.

Right now my new Wraith trains Healing on this monsters :).