1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Melting irons one by one

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Laurijan, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Laurijan

Laurijan Guest

Hi!

I heared that melting irons one by one increases the mining skill so i want to know what exactly i have to do to that this process is automated.. i use KR and the 2d client so solutions for both are most welcome..

Lauri :)

2. Barian

Barian Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If memory serves, you can only gain Mining skill by smelting ore when failure is possible.

My suggestion to people has always been, forget the smelting gains.....MINE.
    You're going to need all the ingots you can get anyway. When you get to the higher stages, and start getting coloured ore in quantities, don't smelt the ore until you hit GM......waste of ingots.

Oh, and don't wear Mining Gloves till you're GM (or whilst smelting), you'll gain faster without them.

NB The only LEGAL way to automate a process in UO is UOAssist. And even then you'd have to separate the ores by hand.......tedious.

3. Out of Date

Out of Date Guest

I believe you should mine untill near GM, then smelt the last few points - so collect the higher ore untill then - and combine the big ore piles into the small ore piles so you get twice the ore unless you have *alot* for twice the chance of a gain.

4. Laurijan

Laurijan Guest

I am really thankful for this nice info i now know more about mining efficiently :)

5. Boogieman

Boogieman Guest

I have recently trained up a miner and my experience is that mining is fine untill around 96 skill - than gains start to slow down a lot. What I did then was smelting bronze ore of the 'small' size in stacks of 2 or 4. It's tedious to separate them, but the gains are definately faster than just digging. You can always do both of course.
    Personally I feel that mining becomes more fun when you have the chance of digging up valorite.