1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mephitis

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vlaude, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Was out fighting Mephitis a couple nights ago with a couple friends and we noticed she could still web and pull us when we were dead if we still had summons attacking her. Is this intentional? Doesn't seem like other beasties can do things to ghosts but maybe I'm wrong. For now, I'm calling BUG!

2. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

i had a riktor teleporting alot on me

3. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper

Was he doing it when you were dead?

The Mephitis problem is annoying because when you are fighting her in a small group it delays people from getting resurrected, which interferes with the overall battle.

4. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

This is not a new thing. Have witnessed this for quite a while, it's a pain :p

5. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper

Cool. I've fought her a few times since coming back and haven't noticed it until this last fight. I don't remember her doing it to ghosts when champ spawns first started either. If it's been going on for "quite a while" that would make me think it's intentional, except this is UO we're talking about. /dig

6. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

its how it is.. even if your hidden she will throw a web at you..

if you keep a teleport cursor up you can usually click somewhere as soon as you see her start to throw a web.. but once you die, its hard to get resurrected.

7. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper

Being hidden and being dead are typically 2 different things genius. So it should be harder to get resurrected at Mephitis than a Harrower (who doesn't pull the dead)? Yeah, that makes sense.

8. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Mephitis is one of the eaiser champs, the easiest being Barracoon the Piper.

i think the level 3 and 4 spawn are harder to overcome then the boss itself.

a group of 4, 2 being sampires and 2 being tamers with either necro or spellweaving should be able do a spider spawn in about 15 mintues.

9. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper

We had a group of 3 pvp mages because it was in Fel. We finished the boss and spawn. 1 guy was protecting and not hitting the boss. But this thread isn't about how to defeat Mephitis, it's about a bug issue when fighting her. Thanks.

10. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well said, most of the time threads are de-railed due to people griping about how easy/hard the mob is. This is basic codeing which we should know if a mob can cast on a spirit.
    Alot of other game dymamics need changing if this is intentional.