1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Publish 97 is currently on TC1! They are currently focusing on the training aspect of the pet revamp. Head to TC1 and send in your feedback or discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new State of Stratics is up. Check it out here!
    Dismiss Notice

Merchant Ship change?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by virtualhabitat, Oct 8, 2011.

  1. virtualhabitat

    virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2011
    Messages:
    755
    Likes Received:
    642
    I hunt merchant ships. In fact 80% of my time in game is spent on a boat (the other 20% is spent mining saltpeter and making ammo).

    This morning I went out on one of my orc ships and found a human merchant ship. After I scuttled the ship, I noticed that all of the chests on the deck were locked. I have scuttled countless merchant ships and have never had a single locked chest. Here were three chests, all locked. So I summoned a lock-picker. As it turns out, not only were the chests locked, they were trapped! I Was getting excited, thinking that perhaps there was new and improved loot inside these newly locked chests. There was not. Same old stuff just locked up now.
     
  2. Larisa

    Larisa Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership Team
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2006
    Messages:
    4,570
    Likes Received:
    2,248
    Sounds like these merchants are getting smarter, now they make you work harder for the loot :thumbup1:

    I don't have high seas so I don't know how it's supposed to work, but that would be pretty cool :)