1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Merchant's Trinket: How to make them work?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Willard, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Willard

Willard Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I got one of these from a friend and can not make it work for the life of me.

I posted this in the Player's Corner and had lots of lookers, but no responses.

Does anyone know how to make these work? Do they work?

I copied this from the UO Store, but it does not help:

It's the earrings which softens the desire to the money of a player's vendor by the power of magic. The vendor with these earrings comes to accept the reduction in his/her daily charges based on the discount rate displayed on the item property.

Merchant's Trinket has two kinds from which the discount rate and charges differ.
    90 charges (Thin Red)
    40 charges (White)
    You can check whether the discount rate has influenced properly from the vendor menu. When you make it equip opening the vendor menu, please close and reopen the menu.

Notes
    1 charge is consumed when vendor's daily charge is drafted on.
    If earrings' charges become 0, it loses the effect.
    It displays the warning gump when you make your rental vendor equip this item.
    This item doesn't have blessed property in Siege/Mugen.

Thanks

2. LeBaiton

LeBaiton New Player Protector

Sounds like you need to equip your vendor with them for the effect to take place...

3. Willard

Willard Seasoned Veteran

So these make my own vendors give a discount---they do not give me a discount when I buy from another player's vendor? What good is that...lol

4. LeBaiton

LeBaiton New Player Protector

No, they don't give you or anyone else discounts for buying things from other players...

If you have a vendor, that vendor will charge gold equal to a percentage of the value of the items you put on it for sale. If you equip the earrings on your vendor, the ammount he charges will go down, meaning you'll save yourself cash...

Sounds like you misunderstood the item's function... :cool:

5. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I never paid much attention to it, now that I've read this thread. What a ridiculous item...way to go Devs.:thumbup1:

6. Willard

Willard Seasoned Veteran

Wow, thanks...I never got that till now! Thanks for the clear explanation of how the thing works. I thought you used it to buy stuff from vendors at a discount! Doh...now I see!

7. Willard

Willard Seasoned Veteran

Wow, thanks...I never got that till now! Thanks for the clear explanation of how the thing works. I thought you used it to buy stuff from vendors at a discount! Doh...now I see!

I am happy I did not buy one...lol

8. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

"Have you ever had deja vu ?"

"Didn't you just say that?"