1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Merge Servers or New PvP Land

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Archon007, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Archon007

Archon007 Guest

Before people freak out. EA could merge servers adding new land with gates so nobody loses their houses. Many MMO's already do this and EA mmo teams have experience doing this since DAoC and Warhammer has or is going through this.

Idea 1: You could merge 2 close servers together and increase population

Idea 2: Create a new land that all shards or local area shards (for example Sonoma, Baja, Pacific) can access through a gate as a new PvP land.
  2. No.

If you want to be on a higher population shard, move to one.
  3. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 9, 2008
    Sorry, I have to agree with Connor. Many games already had consolidated their servers because they had TOO many. That is not the case with UO in my opinion. UO has just as many servers if not less than most other major games.

If you truly need to see tons of people or a lot in concentrated areas, go to Atlantic.
  4. Green Meanie

Green Meanie Guest

I also agree that if you want more populated areas move to a more hussle and bussle shard i left atl becouse i got tired of not being able to play in fel unless i had hafl my guliid on becouse if you went anywhere solo youd see 5 ppl comming to gank you.

if a server ever becomes so dead that the population represents less that 1% of uo then i couldnt argue merging it with a couple other extremly small severs to save money and keep UO alive. But untill that day where uo is dying and ea takes money saving messures to save it NO

Edit: i mean not so much save it as postpone its death
  5. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

Ummm, no. That is all.